Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to put the camera back on? /wreck question

Reaction score
My quad just took off sideways while I was hovering 10 ft in air. Was in the beginner mode, as I was just warming things up. Noticed it was in follow me mode as well, but I hadn't put it in that mode. Had 12 satellites on both quad and transmitter. It made a hard bank left and hit some small tree branches. Camera and battery popped off, and broke one prop. I'm assuming something went haywire in the electronics, but before I call Yuneec, I wanted to put camera back on and try it again. I can't get the camera/gimbal to slide on the mount. Any help would be appreciated. FWIW, I own an Inspire1 and P3pro, and was tired of DJI firmware upgrades, so I'm trying the H.

Did the slide on groove tracks break off on either the camer gimbal or bottom of the H? It slides onto the tracking and locks into place with a "click"

Upon looking closely at the mount, I discovered the sides were stripped. Not happy with the flimsy piece of plastic that is tasked with holding the camera. The "bounce" broke off both sides .
Anyone know how to get the part?

Always get into the habit of doing a pre flight checklist before lifting off, Out of Smart Mode, switch in middle position-Angle Mode, Obstacle Avoidance -OFF, At least 8+ satellites, battery and props on tight! Check the rear facing LED to be flashing Purple/White before lifting off. This will save you the **** of busting props and more likely bad damage in the future!!!:(

Thank you droneclone. Yep. The tracks broke off. Do you know what part it's called?
I believe it's listed on Yuneecs website for parts, or check on Ingenious Ingenuity's webs site for the part!
They make that part "flimsy" to break away easy during a crash, so less damage to camera/gimbal and H main body by the way !

Reactions: BFD400
I had good satellites, and was just warming things up. It was in smart mode, but I wasn't trying to fly it yet. I went up/down, and tested the yaw and hover, noticed that it was drifting more than it should. Then it took off at high speed heading left of my position and hit the tree. I've called Yuneec support, and will send files in to them. I did calibrate the compass.. Maybe didn't complete the cycle correctly.

That's what it is supposed to do!, In Smart Mode, the second you raise even 1" off the ground , it is going to race away to get outside the 26' Circle of Death I call it!(Unless it was outside 26', when you took off) it will do this everytime. Always lift off/land in Angle Mode and Obstacle Avoidance OFF !

Haven't used it enough to remember that... Used to phantoms just hovering in place. I guess I'll chalk this up to not reading the instructions more thoroughly. This was my third "flight". The first two I flew in angle mode , and tested the smart mode, but didn't have issues because I was in a field. This time I was in a backyard with trees everywhere. It's my usual testing space.
Now it's boxed up, and I wait to find the part.
Thanks for the info.

Haven't used it enough to remember that... Used to phantoms just hovering in place. I guess I'll chalk this up to not reading the instructions more thoroughly. This was my third "flight". The first two I flew in angle mode , and tested the smart mode, but didn't have issues because I was in a field. This time I was in a backyard with trees everywhere. It's my usual testing space.
Now it's boxed up, and I wait to find the part.
Thanks for the info.
Call Yuneec, as I searched the part and can't remember where I saw it, but it is available and easy to change. Yuneec will send you one and you be back up and flying in no time my friend!;)

I had a two bounce landing and on the second bounce the camera fell off? There appears to be no damage to the plastic camera mount, I can slide it on, there is no click and it falls off if touched. Is there an illustration that can help me get this back together? Can't believe it's that fragile, but I guess it's designed to break away.

I had a two bounce landing and on the second bounce the camera fell off? There appears to be no damage to the plastic camera mount, I can slide it on, there is no click and it falls off if touched. Is there an illustration that can help me get this back together? Can't believe it's that fragile, but I guess it's designed to break away.
It is! There are not diagrams. You need to align the two railed tracking on the camera gimbal to the rail tracks on the H and slide lock them on. There is a arrow on the gimbal that show which direction to slide it!

Okay, so I slide it on in the direction the arrow is pointing, the arrow does not represent the front of the drone. Now, do I slide it on from the front or the back? I've tried both, I can feel it tighten up as I slide it on, but there's no click and any slight touch and it falls off.

Okay, so I slide it on in the direction the arrow is pointing, the arrow does not represent the front of the drone. Now, do I slide it on from the front or the back? I've tried both, I can feel it tighten up as I slide it on, but there's no click and any slight touch and it falls off.
Slide on front(not rear battery bay side) and arrow point in the direction you need to slide, toward the rear-battery bay from the front!!!!!!!!

That's valuable to know, thanks! I just ordered two brackets since they are so fragile. One I'll get Monday the other is backordered for 2 weeks. Doesn't hurt to keep a spare around. Wonder if there's any other miscellaneous parts I should keep in stock? Downed drone time is expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop