Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to tilt camera up/down in Controller mode

Tried several times to update the controller firmware but my Breeze still yaws when you press the down button on the nav pad. The progress bar on the firmware install app never updates, but I get the "update successful" message.

Is there any way to check the firmware version on the controller?

Another thing that comes to my mind: The pairing process (Bluetooth connection of the controller to your smartphone) requires different procedures depending on the OS of your smartphone. So it does make a difference whether you have an Apple phone (IOS) or an Android phone. Pairing the wrong way might cause hiccups.
But when reading the posts in this thread the "lemon theory" seems to be the more likely. What a shame.

IOS - Hold the "Y" and power up, Android, Hold another Key and power on (as I don't use Android, I don't recall which key to hold when powering on the controller)

Wow that's nuts! On my second Breeze I had a very similar thing happen where I put it in Journey mode and it started flying around all wild and ended up smacking in to something and cracked it good. I returned it to Walmart so now I'm on #3 and the camera still doesn't tilt properly in Controller mode. Camera tilts just fine in pilot mode so I'm pretty sure this is a Controller issue.

I was on hold for 2 hours earlier when I randomly was hung up on due to "all agents being at a company event." Needless to say this company nor their product are instilling much faith in me...

I made my first call to 'Support" today. After 5 minutes in a 65 minute "Q", I was given the options to have them call me - which I did, and it worked out fine. Try this next time, don't wait on hold.

There is a firmware update for the controller itself that should correct this problem. I completed the update and the controller now works the camera tilt.

March 2018. I bought the breeze with controller at Walmart. using iPhone6. I had the same issue "no control over camera with controller".
I did the firmware upgrade (instructions on youtube) to the controller. Follow instuctions exactly.
And now it works fine. I thought there was only firmware upgrade to the breeze drone. but you must upgrade the controller as well.

the controller update is on: us.yuneec.com under the product support/ downloads/ transmitters/ breeze fpv controller/ firmware(on lower left side of page). download and read the pdf. follow instructions: you must hold the buttons down all the way through the process.

I bought a breeze from Wal-mart as well within the last 2 weeks. my controller does the same when trying to control camera tilt. Instead it rotates the aircraft. If I find any solution I will post.

I bought a breeze from Wal-mart as well within the last 2 weeks. my controller does the same when trying to control camera tilt. Instead it rotates the aircraft. If I find any solution I will post.

A search on the forum would have turned up this thread. If you have a Windows computer with Win 7 or later this will cure the problem. If you have a Mac or Linux, use a friend or relative’s that has Win 7 or later.

Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 3/14/2018

Hi guys,

In order for the update to actually work you need to connect the controller to a normal USB port (not the SS one), I tried with the SS one and even though it will say at the end "Update Successful" that is not true! If you don't see a full blue progress bar at the end of the update; it means the update wasn't successful. So make sure you use the non-SS USB port; I had to take my controller to work and do the upgrade there because all my laptop USB ports were the SS type.

Hi guys,

In order for the update to actually work you need to connect the controller to a normal USB port (not the SS one), I tried with the SS one and even though it will say at the end "Update Successful" that is not true! If you don't see a full blue progress bar at the end of the update; it means the update wasn't successful. So make sure you use the non-SS USB port; I had to take my controller to work and do the upgrade there because all my laptop USB ports were the SS type.

I did some reading after seeing your post. I guess the SuperSpeed ports can be fussy at times, so some may have the same problem as you did.

I used one of the SS USB ports on my Lenovo ThinkPad when I updated my controller without any problems. It took the firmware update on the first attempt.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! This will give others a chance try your solution if they have trouble updating their controller.

Reactions: adel_restom
Interesting post. Thanks for the heads up on the different USB ports. I have a ASUS T100TA running Win10 home with a regular USB 3.0 port I used to update the breeze controller. I also reviewed this post
on Youtube. Most importantly though you have to hold down the 2 buttons on the controller until the blue progress bar onscreen indicates the firmware is updated. I was able to update the controller, and regained the ability to tilt the camera. Got some great help from DoomMeister too. When the wind dies down in FL later this week I hope to make a full-length flight!

Reactions: adel_restom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy