Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I call this Into The Fog

Reaction score
Since some people that have nothing better to do and believe they where put on this earth to be drone cops I have taken my video down. I can tell you there was no risk to animal or human from my video. Some people just have nothing better to do then preach something they actually have no clue of.
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments, its time for me to move on from this forum as it just does not fit my way of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was about 9 AM this morning. Out in the sticks in Northern Ontario. I live in the bush :)

Ya the quad was pretty wet when I got it down. Its not something i would do again because hearing it and not seeing it right above me freaks me out. I wish I took a slower pan around then I did but I just wanted to get up and down pretty fast :)

Reactions: KBflyer and Rayray
Same here!!! Noticed the file size was extremely small also....seems like the compression algorithms change when little detail is in the scene....same with night flying video file sizes....alot smaller than normal daytime flights.
As for panning precision, I am extremely careful now when panning, trying to always remember to pan in turtle mode, and trying to fly sideways or backwards at the same time to get a more cinematic shot......its really challenging to descend and slow pan at the same time.
Thanks for posting the video, looks nice up there in Ontario

Ya the quad was pretty wet when I got it down. Its not something i would do again because hearing it and not seeing it right above me freaks me out. I wish I took a slower pan around then I did but I just wanted to get up and down pretty fast :)

Now that, that's a video. I want to try that. What a fog bank. You say quad, what were you flying? How far laterally get it get from you?
GOOD JOB!

Rayray
I been flying the Typhoon 500 series now for three years, They still are great flying machines. Wanted the H but a new truck came first :)

I had seen a few videos before about climbing through the fog and knew you should break through the fog somewheres between 300-400 feet. I was just a tad over 400 when I saw daylight. I did not go out very far, maybe 50 feet but 400 feet up. I like to zig-zag back and forth coming down so I don't get caught up in a vortex state ring. If your not sure what that is just google it. :)
And thanks for liking my video

Reactions: KBflyer
That is cool. I live in a place where we normally get a lot of fog like that after the weather cools down. Can't wait to start filming some fall colors and fogginess.

First your images are brilliant.

However, there has to be an however sigh

"AC 107-2
5.10.3 Visibility and Distance from Clouds.
Once the remote PIC and VO have been able to reliably establish the small UA AGL altitude, it is incumbent on the remote PIC to determine that visibility from the CS is at least 3 sm and that the small UA is kept at l east 500 feet below a cloud and at least 2,000 feet horizontally from a cloud. One of the ways to ensure adherence to the minimum visibility and cloud clearance requirements is to obtain local
aviation weather reports that include current and forecast weather conditions.
If there is more than one local aviation reporting station near the operating area, the remote PIC should choose the closest one that is also the most representative of the terrain surrounding the operating
area.
If local aviation weather reports are not available, then the remote PIC may not operate the small UA if he or she is not able to determine the required visibility and cloud clearances by other reliable means.
it is imperative that the UA not be operated above any cloud, and that there are no obstructions to visibility, such as smoke or a cloud, between the UA and the remote PIC"

Of course hobby use is not included in this BUT AMA safety rules or those of a "community based" entity would insist on similar restrictions.

I guess what I am saying is be careful what you do and more importantly, having done it, be more careful what you publish. :(

Ah yes but you Yanks seem to think everyone is from the USofA and your rules and AMA applies to everyone.
Not where I live sorry
Have a good day.

My assumption was that you are in the USofA, as so many on here are.

If your country allows you to take risks, or risk others around you by behaving hazardously with your toys, in their airspace more power to you.

Those that are from the USofA and are under the FAA airspace and that may seek to emulate you should consider what they publish.

Me?

The Red Dragon (Ddraiggoch) kinda gives away where I am from.

Reactions: KBflyer

If your country allows you to take risks, or risk others around you by behaving hazardously with your toys, in their airspace more power to you.

Those that are from the USofA and are under the FAA airspace and that may seek to emulate you should consider what they publish.

Me?

You should go back into the hole where you crawled out of

Me?

If you could read you wouldn't seem so......fill in the blank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis