Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I did the unthinkable

Carolina Dronez has them in stock now. I wanted a set of those for my "H" and could not find them in the USA. I tried to buy them from the source in the UK and ran into one road block after another.
I had Carolina Dronz on speed dial and pestered them until they called me. Good people there at "CD"

This guy has them too. Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light

I just got my H two days ago, maiden flight in about an hour. I was surprised at how I kinda had to "manhandle" the battery to get it in, it does take some force that my Q doesn't need. Frankly, when I calibrated I didn't have it all the way in and when I got back into my office realized it wasn't flush. However, the calibration took just fine, thankfully. So, between the props, the prop arms, the battery and of course the SD card, there are a lot of "clicks" to pay attention to here!

I just got my H two days ago, maiden flight in about an hour. I was surprised at how I kinda had to "manhandle" the battery to get it in, it does take some force that my Q doesn't need. Frankly, when I calibrated I didn't have it all the way in and when I got back into my office realized it wasn't flush. However, the calibration took just fine, thankfully. So, between the props, the prop arms, the battery and of course the SD card, there are a lot of "clicks" to pay attention to here!

Trust you me, I will be smacking that battery back end from now on. I've had props pop off when I didn't double check them and go on into 5 motor mode at lift off. This unit is never to rushed into flight and I'm the proof of how to trash your camera in a flash by skipping a double check that I did not think was needed as I thought I always got the battery right. Glad my mistake is being taken seriously and so many have been so supportive here.

I am some what OCD and I have my own rules for behavior around my "H" when I setting up to do a flight.
I have my wife near by to stop any lookieloos from disturbing my pre-flight check list.
First I calibrate the "H". If any of it fails there is no flight going to happen.
(I'm too messed up physically to chase it)
It must be quiet because I'm listening to hear every click as a prop snaps and the battery locks into place.
Some times the pre-flight takes longer than the flight last, but I have never had a prop pop off or a battery drop out.
The FAA calls this process "The Sterile Cockpit." No personal conversation between crew members during pre-flight check list procedure. If any distraction interrupts the process they are supposed to start over from step one. Small wonder airline pilots are so crabby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my