Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I HATE THE YUNEEC BREEZE CONTROLLER

Reaction score
I received the controller last week, and it is absolutely awful. The sticks don't move in small increments. It's almost impossible to get precision flying with them. In addition to the sticks, the video feed to my phone is atrocious. I'm getting extreme lag and simply cutting out from 80-100 feet away. This makes the goggles worthless. I flew today without the controller, and my video range was much better. What are your experiences with this set up?

Reactions: Max Drone
I've only played with it for a short while, but it was loads of fun, felt responsive and the goggles worked well. We were playing a game of trying to land on a pad from ten feet height - I was terrible at it, but that's the pilot, not the equipment!

Constant dissapointment with my Breeze. Using a Google pixel XL.
New app features for Android are just not there... even though Yuneec has marketed them as available...
Controller will never connect in FPV mode using the controller... (resets back to the menu... but works in
goggle mode- which I dont care about).
Random take off errors where it will lift off for a second or 2 and auto land with no input.
Only way to fix this is to uninstall the app and re-install it.

Look like 'android'-app-errors then.... No issues with iphone/ipad ....

I use the controller with my iPhone 6 plus. It drastically reduces the video feed, and the sticks are overly sensitive. Is there any way to adjust the sticks so that they are not as sensitive?

I find it absurd that I can buy a $85 Parrot drone that comes with a similar controller, fire the drone and controller up and they connect without issue within a minute; I can then fly dozens of flights with great range without ever losing contact,

The $500 Breeze requires all kinds of gymnastics to get the controller to work and it constantly loses contact with the drone, either because the smart phone lost contact or the controller lost contact with the smartphone. When that happens, you have to pray that you can reboot the whole system in time to reestablish contact before something ugly happens. This is a lot of fun at the beach when you can't see the screen and there are people in the area that don't know that there is a free flying drone in the area. Absurd.

The Breeze is a great drone in all other respects. The moron that designed the controller system should be fired and someone capable needs to find an alternative to this very stupid system. Hey, go hire that guy from Parrot.

Last edited:
Simply because many other Breeze owners are not having such connect/disconnect problems I believe chances are good that this is a phone compatibility problem. Note that this is common with drones that use phones for control and display.

I use an iPhone 6s and have had great luck with my controller setup. No video loss, and I like the fact that while flying in fpv mode, the breeze will not fly below your pre-set take off height. No accidental groundings.

It took a little digging to figure out how to connect at first as the game-sir controller has to be told what device you are using (iOS or android) when you turn the controller on.

With the controller off, press and hold "Y" then power the controller for iOS.
I believe "B" for android. (Correct me if it's "X")

As for addressing sensitivity for controls, go into drone settings and adjust the "max speed" (ft/m per second)

Hope some of this helps anyone passing through.

It's pretty bad when you have to uninstall the app and re-install it just to get the breeze to take off.
If I try the fpv mode (which never works)... any other flight mode I try after, the breeze lifts off a few inches and lands again.

riddled with bugs. I'm going to sell the unit along with the fpv controller and goggles.

Simply because many other Breeze owners are not having such connect/disconnect problems I believe chances are good that this is a phone compatibility problem. Note that this is common with drones that use phones for control and display.
Im using an iPhone 6 Plus, and it flies great without using the controller. I called tech support, and they told me that I had a bad unit. It's boxed up and being returned. I'm going to stick to my phone and iPad.

I have iPhone 7 and the controller works correctly. I have no complaints about the controller. It connects automatically and works in FPV mode.
I do not understand why I loose all the buttons on the screen though. I have to remember which button does what on the controller in FPV. On DJI the screen has all the settings with their controller.
I sure like to fly with the controller rather than with screen buttons.

I find it absurd that I can buy a $85 Parrot drone that comes with a similar controller, fire the drone and controller up and they connect without issue within a minute; I can then fly dozens of flights with great range without ever losing contact,
Yes, Parrot products are great. I find them to be the best in each market segment they present it.
Small Parrot drones are the most stable, controller works great, they have good range. There are many fun models.
Their Bebop 2 drone is great value. It is light, has many features and FPV pack. Great value under DJI Mavic and Phantom.
They have a plane drone as well - Disco.
Unfortunately Parrot has no selfie drones and they do not have really high-middle tier camera drones with 4K video and gimble.
It looks like Parrot has only a few good engineers that are focused only on a few market segments.

The $500 Breeze requires all kinds of gymnastics to get the controller to work and it constantly loses contact with the drone, either because the smart phone lost contact or the controller lost contact with the smartphone. When that happens, you have to pray that you can reboot the whole system in time to reestablish contact before something ugly happens. This is a lot of fun at the beach when you can't see the screen and there are people in the area that don't know that there is a free flying drone in the area. Absurd.
For me it works fine. Connects and disconnects automatically. I have iPhone 7.

The Breeze is a great drone in all other respects. The moron that designed the controller system should be fired and someone capable needs to find an alternative to this very stupid system. Hey, go hire that guy from Parrot.
I guess Parrot pay that guy good, so he stays in France.

I happen to like the controller very much. Having an RC flight background I found sliding my thumbs on glass very unnatural. The tactile feel of the joysticks on the controller is MUCH better than a touch-screen for me.

You don't have to take your eyes off the drone to make adjustments/take photos/etc, because of the dedicated buttons on the controller.

I'm using a Galaxy S8, have zero connection issues. The only issue I have is switching to the phone camera in FPV mode (doesn't work), but I'm not using the goggles much at this point, and have not yet reached out to support for a fix.

I agree with Rayray, the connectivity issues are likely phone/tablet specific.

Reactions: Gritz
I haven't had any real connection problems. I use my 10 in. Samsung Galaxy Tab A but I do notice the sticks on the controller are super sensitive. I just have to remind myself to use them lightly.

I learned a tip from this forum that solved my iPhone to Breeze connectivity issue. Turning off the LTE data before flight solved my problem. As for the controller, I read another tip on this forum that suggested I flash an older firmware (link was provided in thread) to solve the gimbal issue and it worked. Flew the Breeze flawlessly on Saturday and Sunday, had a blast. I know it took some effort to get to this point, but I really like this drone. The simplicity of the Breeze is allowing this beginner to learn the overall basics, exactly the reason I bought it.

I started out with a Xiro Xplorer V... A few crashes later I bought a DJI Spark.. One mishap.. No crashes.

I bought the breeze once the price dropped, running it in an IPad mini 3, no issues.

I use the mini 3 on my Spark as well. The wifi works now, so no more OTG.

Ordered the yuneec controller off Amazon.. I will receive it tomorrow and pair it and test it.

I will say that DJI's drones have spot on telemetry. The Spark flies indoors like a champ. I will assess the Breeze indoors once I have the controller

Got the controller .. Woot! Charging it up, will post results.

Not ready to post vids yet. 4k with no stabilization... Yeahhhh

I have the controller and Iphone 7, haven't had a chance to fly it much but haven't noticed any connection issues, range, etc. The controller is basically just a bluetooth gamepad, so the resolution on the sticks could be better, it is a bit touchy.

I have no success connecting the Yuneec controller using iPhone 6S, 7 nor my new iPhone X. The Bluetooth connection works well within the iOS but the Yuneec app can't seem to find the controller when scanning for it. Pressing Y-power is the standard set-up but nothing seems to make a difference. Any tips?

I have no success connecting the Yuneec controller using iPhone 6S, 7 nor my new iPhone X. The Bluetooth connection works well within the iOS but the Yuneec app can't seem to find the controller when scanning for it. Pressing Y-power is the standard set-up but nothing seems to make a difference. Any tips?

Go to this post for steps to try out.
Breeze controller not connected

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio