Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ilkley Moor Quarry

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Picture dropped directly from footage captured with my H480. I've upped the saturation a bit, but that's all I've done with the picture.

It shows a long disused quarry on Ilkley Moor (Yorkshire, England...famous for a certain song which is traditionally sung in a Yorkshire dialect) with the 'Cow & Calf' rock formation in the background.
Ilkley Quarry.png

Reactions: Graham
Here is the video I produced from that flight. (Post production was done using Filmora)

Very nice picture mate
Thank you.
I neglected to take any pictures during that flight but when I was reviewing the footage I shot I wished I had done. So I ran the footage through VLC Media Player and dropped a few shots directly from the footage.

Yes, very nice. I'm always envious of you pilots who have wide open spaces to fly in. In Michigan near the lake shore, I'm surrounded by 40-60' Oak and Pine trees. I have to drive a fair bit and deal with private property to get away from the trees or risk flying over Lake Michigan. It seems like most of the public or national lands here are tree covered.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, I love the trees and forests, just not when I wish to fly.

Ilkley Moor (Yorkshire, England...famous for a certain song which is traditionally sung in a Yorkshire dialect) with the 'Cow & Calf' rock formation in the background.

Can we hear the song?:eek: Take an MP3, change .mp3 to .txt and it will upload. Then we can all hear it.:)
Oh yes, very good pic and video, your work is very pro.:cool:

Yes, very nice. I'm always envious of you pilots who have wide open spaces to fly in. In Michigan near the lake shore, I'm surrounded by 40-60' Oak and Pine trees. I have to drive a fair bit and deal with private property to get away from the trees or risk flying over Lake Michigan. It seems like most of the public or national lands here are tree covered.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, I love the trees and forests, just not when I wish to fly.
Well, I live on the western side of Saddleworth Moor and Crompton Moor, both part of the Pennine Range, in a small township called Shaw & Crompton, England. The location of the above video and picture is about 25 miles away as the crow flies. Indeed, just the other side of the road infront of my house is the start of the open moorland. Lovely in summer but cruel in winter.

OK, you got me. That will teach me to ask for stuff.:D

The first vid was cool, and I spotted you in the very back talking most of the time.:eek:
Second vid is more pro of course, I liked it immensely till 2:17.:):)
Thanks

Reactions: FlushVision
OK, you got me. That will teach me to ask for stuff.:D

The first vid was cool, and I spotted you in the very back talking most of the time.:eek:
Second vid is more pro of course, I liked it immensely till 2:17.:):)
Thanks
In the second vid from 2:17 that's a famous actor (in the U.K. at least) called Brian Blessed who is doing the rap. If you listen carefully to him he is actually explaining what the song is about...in rap form.

Picture dropped directly from footage captured with my H480. I've upped the saturation a bit, but that's all I've done with the picture.

It shows a long disused quarry on Ilkley Moor (Yorkshire, England...famous for a certain song which is traditionally sung in a Yorkshire dialect) with the 'Cow & Calf' rock formation in the background.
View attachment 7346
Very nice photo! You live near some great places to fly a camera.

Very nice photo! You live near some great places to fly a camera.
Yes, but I've done to death all of the best places close to where I live. So apart from the commercial jobs I'm exploring further afield now. Indeed, I'm off out tomorrow to do a bit of filming over the river Derwent in the East Riding of Yorkshire (location is 50 miles away from my home, as the crow flies). That is, if the weather is up for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer