Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm back!

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Q500 since 2018 but a friend lost his camo colored model airplane in a huge field of soybeans. I charged up my lipos and ST 10+ last night. I did a trial run today just to see if I remember how everything operates.
I re-downloaded Dashware and think I know how to start use it for getting latitude and longitude.
Will make an attempt at locating the plane tomorrow,

My batteries are good, the tx fully charged. I'm able to get 10+ minutes flight and still have some power remaining.
Videos look good, I setup Dashware again.
I'm trying to remember how to get the latitude and longitude data from the drone and plug it into Dashware.
That data is on the chip in the TX, right? Which folder, file do I want to look at?

Last edited:
It will be in the FlightLog folder on the SD card under the battery.

I pulled the chip from the TX. Two flight Log telemetry Excel files are there. One dated 12/31/2013, the other 1/1/2014
Are these the files from today?

They most likely are. Go into System Settings and update the Date & Time.

I have reset the date and time in the TX now.
When I try to convert the data files I'm getting errors.

"Must map a data column

Using st2dash to convert telemetry files I'm getting "Unhandled exception...." and file is not being converted properly

You could try the converter in Q500log2kml by @h-elsner , but if you read the files in something like Excel right on the SD card it will render them unreadable by his program. Excel and other similar programs usually add a tag to the file that makes a slight change to the file structure. When using Q500log2kml you need to copy the FlightLog folder to your computer and point the program to that folder. The program includes a converter for Dashware.

Reactions: Steve Carr
A short description how to create files for Dashware is attached at the end of the program's manual:

You can also create kml files for GoogleEarth or jump to GoogleMaps or OSM by double click on data row.

You don't need to pull out the SD card from ST10. SD card file system can easily accessed via USB connection. The trick is to let the ST10 fully boot up and connect to USB after that.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone