Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm going to be bold

Reaction score
So, after getting my drone back from repair due to it's dropping out of the sky, I have been trying to work my nerve up to really let it fly. I have made several flights successfully but only keeping it low to the ground and right at home.

Today I intend to venture quite a bit higher (and further). It's a perfect day for flying here. I just pray that the thing doesn't fail me again. I would love to build up my confidence level in the drone to where I can really enjoy it for what it is made for, and I am sure Yuneec would prefer not to have to do another repair job at their expense..

I'll let you know how it goes...

So, after getting my drone back from repair due to it's dropping out of the sky, I have been trying to work my nerve up to really let it fly. I have made several flights successfully but only keeping it low to the ground and right at home.

Today I intend to venture quite a bit higher (and further). It's a perfect day for flying here. I just pray that the thing doesn't fail me again. I would love to build up my confidence level in the drone to where I can really enjoy it for what it is made for, and I am sure Yuneec would prefer not to have to do another repair job at their expense..

Was the cause determined?

Was the cause determined?

AS far as I can tell no. I asked them to let me talk to the tech guy who worked on it and they said they'd have him call me but he never did. That I have no idea what caused it is what makes it so troubling and keeps my confidence level low. I would really like to be able to enjoy this thing but it's not easy under the circumstances.

AS far as I can tell no. I asked them to let me talk to the tech guy who worked on it and they said they'd have him call me but he never did. That I have no idea what caused it is what makes it so troubling and keeps my confidence level low. I would really like to be able to enjoy this thing but it's not easy under the circumstances.
They will rarely tell you what they found or what went wrong, because frankly , They don't know! Seriously!. They even told me so, and said we just replaced the main flight board to make sure it is fixed! Boosts of Confidence!:confused:

Reactions: SkyEye
Well, I didn't take it far, but I did take the altitude to around 100'. Baby steps. It flew fine, though now I am a little troubled by the battery life. I got under 10 minutes on a fully charged battery (did not want to go below 14.7v)
Did you leave your battery(s) fully charged while it was in for repairs 3-5 weeks?

Quit moping around, get out there and fly the thing ;-) Glad the first few flights of your Typhoon Mk 2 are going well.

Well, I didn't take it far, but I did take the altitude to around 100'. Baby steps. It flew fine, though now I am a little troubled by the battery life. I got under 10 minutes on a fully charged battery (did not want to go below 14.7v)

Pop a Ralphy battery tray and a Multistar 8000 mah and watch it fly over 20 min.

30 min if you go LIHV. ;)

Did you leave your battery(s) fully charged while it was in for repairs 3-5 weeks?
I understand your nervousness but you should be able to fly to 14.5VDC before landing. Maybe bring it close to home and fly near you when it gets 14.6 and fly near you till it reaches 14.5

I had a similar experience on a Q500 4K when it decided to fly away and I had no input to stop it, luckily after checking the memory card in the ST10+ I eventually located the totally trashed Q500 4K and the bits were sent back to Yuneec along with the ST10+ memory card to check the data on it, I will say they did send me a completely brand new replacement, as I was concerned about the issue they promised to let me know the cause of the uncontrolled fly away, I was told all the bits were being returned to their European headquarters for analysis, but now after more than three months have gone by and I have still not heard back, I don't think I will now know the cause or they don't know themselves even !

Since this issue I have only flown the Q500 4K twice both times stayed low and very close it does knock your confidence, so I do know what your feelings are right now, for me I just don't trust my Q500 4K at the moment and I have since moved onto to the Typhoon H apart from a few minor issues which Yuneec CS put right its been excellent and my confidence is high on this model.

So glad to hear you have successfully flown your TH a few times now to get your confidence back, and hope it stays that way and good luck with all future flights.

Reactions: Ana Rosa and SkyEye
I had a similar experience on a Q500 4K when it decided to fly away and I had no input to stop it, luckily after checking the memory card in the ST10+ I eventually located the totally trashed Q500 4K and the bits were sent back to Yuneec along with the ST10+ memory card to check the data on it, I will say they did send me a completely brand new replacement, as I was concerned about the issue they promised to let me know the cause of the uncontrolled fly away, I was told all the bits were being returned to their European headquarters for analysis, but now after more than three months have gone by and I have still not heard back, I don't think I will now know the cause or they don't know themselves even !

Since this issue I have only flown the Q500 4K twice both times stayed low and very close it does knock your confidence, so I do know what your feelings are right now, for me I just don't trust my Q500 4K at the moment and I have since moved onto to the Typhoon H apart from a few minor issues which Yuneec CS put right its been excellent and my confidence is high on this model.

So glad to hear you have successfully flown your TH a few times now to get your confidence back, and hope it stays that way and good luck with all future flights.

It's still not there yet, but I am getting more comfortable with the idea that it has good possibilities at this point. I doubt I'll ever have complete confidence in it - I think I'll always be at least somewhat leery. I'll give Yuneec some credit in that there were no real hassles getting it repaired. I am concerned though if it happens again they may not be as gracious. So far though they do seem to be taking care of business so I should probably put it through it's paces while it is still under warranty.

Soorry about your q5, but glad you're happy with the H. That helps restore a bit more confidence. Happy flying!!

Reactions: Sparkorc
I understand your nervousness but you should be able to fly to 14.5VDC before landing. Maybe bring it close to home and fly near you when it gets 14.6 and fly near you till it reaches 14.5

I generally have been putting it back on the ground by the time it gets to 14.7 or 14.8 at the lowest as I have heard others report problems. I'll have to play around with it some close to the ground to see what happens.

I generally have been putting it back on the ground by the time it gets to 14.7 or 14.8 at the lowest as I have heard others report problems. I'll have to play around with it some close to the ground to see what happens.
One thing I have been noticing is that when the V get low, it's best not to push stick full forward to get home, full stick is about 45kph, I think the RTH speed is about 25kph, and I think thats there as the optimum efficient speed to travel at... just something you might want to factor in..

I wonder if this tech will ever get to the point of rock solid performance: meaning the only crashes are pilot neglect.

I wonder if this tech will ever get to the point of rock solid performance: meaning the only crashes are pilot neglect.

So far it seems a lot of other people are having great luck with it. I think it is possible with a bit more quality control maybe...

Reactions: Ana Rosa
It's technology, what ever it is from a toaster to washing machine it's going to wrong at some time.
You just have to remember the first law of flight , what ever goes up must comes down.

I will be using the "what if" method to keep me safe , thinking at any time it could just drop out of the sky or do something completely silly, because I know someday it will.

I see videos of people flying 400 feet up over houses and people , and think you don't know what trouble you going to be in if thing go wrong, and if you are the first person to kill someone accidentally with a drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval