Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Infuriating incident.

You wouldn't be able to do that in a public park, unless it was authorised, just a hobbyist turning up with cones etc, would probably cause quite a stir, since everyone using the park or recreational area has a right to go where they want. With the bad press drones have, it's almost like we have to find more remote spots to fly.

Usually there's a small fence around the pond... LZ area setup is not intended to restrain access, but to indicate where the drone will land, and that approaching may be dangerous.
Like you wouldn't picnic right below the swings... even if legally you could...

Reactions: KellyR
Usually there's a small fence around the pond... LZ area setup is not intended to restrain access, but to indicate where the drone will land, and that approaching may be dangerous.
Like you wouldn't picnic right below the swings... even if legally you could...
Believe me people picnic anywhere, never heard of it been illegal here to picnic by a swing, it would cause bad feeling, but a lot of parks aren't supervised so anything goes.

You wouldn't be able to do that in a public park, unless it was authorised, just a hobbyist turning up with cones etc, would probably cause quite a stir, since everyone using the park or recreational area has a right to go where they want. With the bad press drones have, it's almost like we have to find more remote spots to fly.

Correct. And as specified in the 1st paragraph of the post.

Correct. And as specified in the 1st paragraph of the post.
I suppose what I'm trying to say is, with the bad press and feeling there is at the moment, I wouldn't set up in a car park or public play park where people are, OK in the summer at 4am in morning with no one around, it seems here people are confrontational, not all, personally I go to remote or private locations owned by friends, if possible, I don't do confrontation that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinC
Timing is the key. I don’t go to my local parks on the weekend as that’s when it’s busy....softball games, soccer games, walkers, kids on the playground, dogs, Frisbees, kites.....people everywhere so its really tough to not fly over anyone. I prefer to go during the week where many times I’m the only one in the whole park. This is especially true when school is in session....I’ve gone out and flown 8 batteries, never seeing another person....but if there are any other people, they have just as much right to use as I do.

Timing is the key. I don’t go to my local parks on the weekend as that’s when it’s busy....softball games, soccer games, walkers, kids on the playground, dogs, Frisbees, kites.....people everywhere so its really tough to not fly over anyone. I prefer to go during the week where many times I’m the only one in the whole park. This is especially true when school is in session....I’ve gone out and flown 8 batteries, never seeing another person....but if there are any other people, they have just as much right to use as I do.
I think we've all made valid points.

I cover all bases, my wife goes to one predetermined area and my daughters to the other spots, their ready and waiting to receive the emergency landing!

Interesting, multiple landing spots, maybe that's the key. (apart from yelling to people to get away from LZ)

I live pretty close to the Pennines in England so there are some very remote places for me to fly from just a short drive away. I can be at a place just a ten minute drive away where there is absolutely no-one for miles around. Ironic, then, when someone seems to appear out of nowhere just as I'm spinning the motors up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop