Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Insufficient battery

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m totally new on the forum and to drones in general. I got the 4K for Christmas and it’s finally not freezing or raining in Ontario Canada so it’s a great day to fly. I charged up the battery, registered., etc. But when it comes time to calibrate the message I’m getting is “insufficient battery to start calibration”. So I charged it up again, and it’s still giving me the same message. Before this thing winds up at my local thrift store can anyone suggest anything? I’m in my late 30s and have very little time for myself so I’m not interested in technology I have to coddle. Thanks!

If you can find one, try a different battery. A lot of the breeze batteries out there have been sitting a long time and the yuneec batteries do not have great lifespan when not maintained. Unfortunately if you search here LIPO batteries do need to "coddled" or they don't last long. That said the Breeze 4k is a great little drone, if you don't need long fly times and don't mind buying new batteries.

If you can find one, try a different battery. A lot of the breeze batteries out there have been sitting a long time and the yuneec batteries do not have great lifespan when not maintained. Unfortunately if you search here LIPO batteries do need to "coddled" or they don't last long. That said the Breeze 4k is a great little drone, if you don't need long fly times and don't mind buying new batteries.
I was thinking the same thing. I saw a couple of threads that were mentioning a firmware upgrade. I’ve been having issues with that too. I appreciate the reply. Thanks!

Place your phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, start Breeze Cam, then perform the compass calibration. Unfortunately this is caused by an incompatibility with newer OS’es both iOS and Android. Being in airplane mode to disable the cellular network usually cures this anomaly.

Place your phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, start Breeze Cam, then perform the compass calibration. Unfortunately this is caused by an incompatibility with newer OS’es both iOS and Android. Being in airplane mode to disable the cellular network usually cures this anomaly.
Oh my goodness, this was the issue! I had no idea the airplane mode was the issue. Thank you so much for your assistance!!!

I would check the voltage of the battery using a multimeter, it is pretty simple and you could verify if the battery is defective. There is a post in the past that discussed how you do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis