Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IRS repair after crash

Reaction score
I had a mild crash, my Breeze brushed a bush and crashed from maybe 6-8 feet. After that, no go. Infra red sensor error message and red IRS icon. It would simply not start the motors.

Not much info via searches, but I did desolder the top 4 pins on the IRS board, resoldered and then soldered below that board where 2 of them were accessible with a pencil solder tip and added some solder there. They were not in contact and loose. It worked!

Advice. Use the smallest soldering device you can find and get some magnification for this work and lots of light.

Straighten up & fly right!

So I successfully repeated the soldering repair for the second time.

My question is this. Should I dab a bit of epoxy on the contacts to provide structural support to this weak link?

I have some electronic conformal coating. Would this be better than epoxy? This coating is more like a varnish, and doesn't provide structural support.

So I successfully repeated the soldering repair for the second time.

My question is this. Should I dab a bit of epoxy on the contacts to provide structural support to this weak link?

I have some electronic conformal coating. Would this be better than epoxy? This coating is more like a varnish, and doesn't provide structural support.
I don’t know that adding anything would help much, and you don’t want anything you would have to try and remove if repair was needed in the future. What would have helped is some support standoffs at the other end of the board to reduce the flexing that takes place.

Thank you for your advice and response. I tend to agree with you, and likely won't mess anymore with it...until the time it needs further repair.
I really like the Breeze.

DoomMeister........OR ANYONE ELSE . What it an equivalent current model with similar capabilities and price point? I snagged my Breeze for $100 2 years ago. What's out there NOW in the under $300 category?

The only thing out there in that price range might be some Hubsan drones. The rest would be knockoffs of all the Chinese drone manufacturers. The closest thing to the Breeze would be the Mantis Q and a step up from that would be the Mantis G.

Beyond that you could watch for a good deal on a used or refurbed Typhoon H package.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval