Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is CGOET a good product?

Reaction score
I'm not sure...

Is it going to help the firefighter?
Or At a solar power plant?

I know DJI's Zenmuse XT
But i don't have enough money...

CGOET is useful for firefighter?

It's very good at what it does. Best thing I can suggest is to watch a decent unbiased review, like this one...
Couldn't find a firefighter review of one, but this guy has at least spoken to rescue service personnel...

I'm not sure...

Is it going to help the firefighter?
Or At a solar power plant?

I know DJI's Zenmuse XT
But i don't have enough money...

CGOET is useful for firefighter?

Having worked in the Fire Department and a part of SAR, I know for a fact that it really depends on the department, because it is not budgeted by the state. Claims of PD using drones is questionable, because it has to be approved by the county counsel and public vote.

However SAR in my county has a drone, providing search and rescue, but it is funded privately. PD has shut down its drone program in California and NY due to public opinion, except for ground drones.

NYC fire department and NY Suffolk has a drone as well as San Francisco, San Bernardino and Hawaii, sponsored by DJI. CaliFire has to tons of drones that are flown by a contractor, Angel Aviation.

I am a firefighter and a remote pilot... I am actually a remote pilot for the FDNY. I own a H520 and I think it will be a good tool for firefighting. The temperature difference of a fire building will show up nicely on the Cgoet. It is not detailed for SAR work in my opinion( the thermal camera isn’t really detailed enough) however the low light capabilities of the rgb camera would allow you to map an area in low light.. so if you did fly low enough for the thermal to get a heat signature you would be able to inspect using the lowlight camera. I know that a software is coming out which is geared toward SAR work using RGB photos and analyzing them for a specific color profile( I.e. denim blue jeans) it will scan through the photos taken while flying your grids and search each photo for the specific color profile.( much faster than manually searching each photo) this means it might be better to use the Low light vs the thermal. Another great thing about the h520 is the tethering capabilities available through hoverfly. This would give the H520 an unlimited operating time.

Having worked in the Fire Department and a part of SAR, I know for a fact that it really depends on the department, because it is not budgeted by the state. Claims of PD using drones is questionable, because it has to be approved by the county counsel and public vote.

However SAR in my county has a drone, providing search and rescue, but it is funded privately. PD has shut down its drone program in California and NY due to public opinion, except for ground drones.

NYC fire department and NY Suffolk has a drone as well as San Francisco, San Bernardino and Hawaii, sponsored by DJI. CaliFire has to tons of drones that are flown by a contractor, Angel Aviation.
Nypd has UAV capabilities..FYI.

It is very cost-effective way to lean and experiment with Thermal. I had one, but in my opinion, the resolution is too low for professional work, and you probably want a camera that is radiometric.

The worst of CGOET is that they working like in cycles because of stupid fan controler algorithm. ~10 secounds with good calibrated temperature, next 15 secounds with temperature overestimated, and that over and over again.
But CGOET is very good for S&R in low light condition, also in night.

The worst of CGOET is that they working like in cycles because of stupid fan controler algorithm. ~10 secounds with good calibrated temperature, next 15 secounds with temperature overestimated, and that over and over again.
But CGOET is very good for S&R in low light condition, also in night.
That is a good point, the low light capability was good, the thermal, was not good enough for me to keep the camera, but it does depend on what you are doing.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss