Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the 920 Plus on the verge of obsolescence?

Reaction score
I was in touch yesterday with the folks at Vertigodrones inquiring whether they had a used 920 Plus for sale. Here is the reply:

Unfortunately we do not. At this point, Yuneec has slowed down production of the drone itself and it's becoming nearly impossible to find parts to repair the 920. We are even having an issue sourcing the parts from Yuneec. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at any time.

So I wrote back and specifically inquired whether the 920 Plus is being deprecated. Here is the reply:

They scaled down production, we haven't heard they are but it certainly seems that way. We just certainly dropped it off our repair list due to the lack of parts. from Yuneec.

Anybody got any further info or thoughts on this issue?

I was in touch yesterday with the folks at Vertigodrones inquiring whether they had a used 920 Plus for sale. Here is the reply:

Unfortunately we do not. At this point, Yuneec has slowed down production of the drone itself and it's becoming nearly impossible to find parts to repair the 920. We are even having an issue sourcing the parts from Yuneec. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at any time.

So I wrote back and specifically inquired whether the 920 Plus is being deprecated. Here is the reply:

They scaled down production, we haven't heard they are but it certainly seems that way. We just certainly dropped it off our repair list due to the lack of parts. from Yuneec.

Anybody got any further info or thoughts on this issue?

I would venture to guess that if Yuneec has no spare parts for the 920+ then it's probably on it's way out. Too bad, I was thinking about getting one myself.

Reactions: Stefano Zanandrea
There are many spare parts for the 920, except landing gear actuators, of which there are none. If you were to call Yuneec USA and speak with sales you might find there are hundreds of each part sitting in inventory.

As of a few months ago when I bought spare parts there were over 400 motors, several hundred booms and gear legs, lots of main boards and other miscellaneous parts available.

As for the 920 itself, I seriously doubt they have made a new one in over a year. This has been discussed in depth in the 920 forum. It was clear in November 2017 the 920 line was over. It’s still a great aircraft for those that can accept it as is. My guess is the Typhoon H is in the same state; production ended and clearing the shelves of remaining inventory.

Reactions: Grumpy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold