Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ITELITE for "H"

Just fitted and tried this yesterday, to be honest wifi was no better, I still had disconnects, one when I was only a few feet away. This is not to discredit the antenna as if there is an issuw then an antenna is notgoing to fix it. Also lost telemetry now and again, that is the scary bit, 2500' out and no idea how much battery or Satellites. Luckilly telemetry always seems to re-connect quickly.

Now RC may be muxh improved but without video link I wasn't about to put it to the test.

Just fitted and tried this yesterday, to be honest wifi was no better, I still had disconnects, one when I was only a few feet away. This is not to discredit the antenna as if there is an issuw then an antenna is notgoing to fix it. Also lost telemetry now and again, that is the scary bit, 2500' out and no idea how much battery or Satellites. Luckilly telemetry always seems to re-connect quickly.

Now RC may be muxh improved but without video link I wasn't about to put it to the test.

Hi, I have had only one short video disconnection when flying straight up to 400ft. I bought the ITELITE just for "safety reason". I seldom fly far up or far way. Mainly I work for real estate companies.
I wonder how important it is to keep the ST16 antennas straight up towards the H?

eli.jpg

Hi, I have had only one short video disconnection when flying straight up to 400ft. I bought the ITELITE just for "safety reason". I seldom fly far up or far way. Mainly I work for real estate companies.
I wonder how important it is to keep the ST16 antennas straight up towards the H?

View attachment 1420
Any flat panel or spiral antenna is going to be directional. The stick antennas are omnidirectional. The stock mushroom antenna on the right side of the ST16 is video and it needs to point at the aircraft to maintain a connection. The same is true with the Itelite antenna.

They, like most booster antenna's are very directional, the more accurate you are pointed straight at the bird, the better and farther you can get!

I like the upgraded external antenna's for the ST16, but the bird could do with some modification to its 3 antenna also ... Esp the Wifi link

Since there is a GPS module in the ST16 has anyone with noticed if their GPS count is lower from the bigger antenna especially the panel type blocking the GPS? I don't know where GPS module is located in the ST16, does anyone?

Since there is a GPS module in the ST16 has anyone with noticed if their GPS count is lower from the bigger antenna especially the panel type blocking the GPS? I don't know where GPS module is located in the ST16, does anyone?
Great, have to be aware of that in the next flight(s). Thanx! :)

I actually hate that mod. yeah lets hang antenna down in front of the camera's view. NOT! i:)i

Shorter ones maybe. I would never want to hack or mod my drone though. I would mess something up. i:)i

image.jpeg

One of these would be good

I don't have any Immersion gear, bit that looks like a TX module for the copter end...
What I mean is the ST16 receiver has a GPS built in, so if this GPS is shadowed by a large panel antenna there maybe the possibility of blocking out some of the GPS signal received into the ST16 and I am wondering if people with this mod have noticed a drop in their average sat count.

I don't have any Immersion gear, bit that looks like a TX module for the copter end...
What I mean is the ST16 receiver has a GPS built in, so if this GPS is shadowed by a large panel antenna there maybe the possibility of blocking out some of the GPS signal received into the ST16 and I am wondering if people with this mod have noticed a drop in their average sat count.
I will hopefully find out tomorrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval