Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just about made a dumb fatal mistake yesterday !

Reaction score
I was flying yesterday taking some video and pictures of the fall foliage and was looking pretty hard at the screen making sure I was getting the shot I wanted and reached up with my finger to push the button to take a picture and..........I hit the wrong button !
As soon as I hit it I knew I hit the wrong one and thought ....oh sh_t......lol. But thank the good lord I did just a quick press and didn't hold it down long enough to actually cut the motors......it scared the crap out of me. I was up around 300ft and it would have been a long fall with a short and fast stop at the end. It was also just above my 4 runner also.......lol. Would have hate to try to explain that to my insurance guy and most of all my wife !
As soon as I came inside I went on line to Carolina Dronz and ordered the safety flip switch cover so I never do that again. I know others have added that so, I am wondering what you think of that and how's the fit and functionality ?

I was flying yesterday taking some video and pictures of the fall foliage and was looking pretty hard at the screen making sure I was getting the shot I wanted and reached up with my finger to push the button to take a picture and..........I hit the wrong button !
As soon as I hit it I knew I hit the wrong one and thought ....oh sh_t......lol. But thank the good lord I did just a quick press and didn't hold it down long enough to actually cut the motors......it scared the crap out of me. I was up around 300ft and it would have been a long fall with a short and fast stop at the end. It was also just above my 4 runner also.......lol. Would have hate to try to explain that to my insurance guy and most of all my wife !
As soon as I came inside I went on line to Carolina Dronz and ordered the safety flip switch cover so I never do that again. I know others have added that so, I am wondering what you think of that and how's the fit and functionality ?

I've done that also, a couple of times. Even though the rotors don't come to a complete stop, it seems the power was reduced to props. A scary thing!

Reactions: Lucky and BigRHS
Your fingers shouldn't be there in the first place, good lesson learned. BTW if you were looking at the monitor how could you not see what your fingers were doing, the buttons are a mile away from the on off switch.....????

Those buttons are a looooong way apart...... how do you explain that?
They're not that far apart, at least it does't seem that far apart to me, and I know others have made that mistake before, one of which posted on this thread. I fly with my thumbs and when I want to take a picture I just reach up with my index finger ( I have fairly big hands ) and hit the button, and usually I am very careful but I was looking at the screen and glancing up at the Q and just hit the red button, but you can be sure it will not happen again !

Last edited:
There not that far apart, at least it don't seem that far apart to me, and I know others have made that mistake before, one of which posted on this thread. I fly with my thumbs and when I want to take a picture I just reach up with my index finger ( I have fairly big hands ) and hit the button, and usually I am very careful but I was looking at the screen and glancing up at the Q and just hit the red button, but you can be sure it will not happen again !

I'm the one who has done the same thing. Let tell you a little story, a true one. I still fly my Q500 but my TH Plus is in repair because the battery fell out the back. I suggested it was design flaw, but one of this crew blamed my carelessness. To a degree that may be true, however, that was never as easy to do with my Q500 because you had to jam the battery into the compartment before you could close the latch. Accidents happen and that's why we have seat belts, airbags and rear view mirrors. Now one of the crew was helpful and suggested a simple fix- gaffer tape the H Plus battery the next time. Brilliant!!! Maybe a bottle cap and gaffer tape might work for you :)

Reactions: Lucky and BigRHS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my