Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got a Mavic Yesterday.... here's some footage

Reaction score
Hey all.

So I currently own both the H Pro and the Mavic.... here's some footage I shot with the Mavic his morning... VERY cool little quad.

Reactions: QuadBart
I'm jealous, I'm off to Iceland followed by NY for a week at the end of this month. Would love to take my Typhoon H for some great shots in Iceland but feel it would be too large to carry across New York/get in and out of US. I only have three days in Iceland so who knows if the weather even plays ball.
The Mavic would be perfect to shove in hand luggage and not worry about whether I use it or not...

I'm jealous, I'm off to Iceland followed by NY for a week at the end of this month. Would love to take my Typhoon H for some great shots in Iceland but feel it would be too large to carry across New York/get in and out of US. I only have three days in Iceland so who knows if the weather even plays ball.
The Mavic would be perfect to shove in hand luggage and not worry about whether I use it or not...

Its AMAZING how portable it is. Really changes the approach to all of this dramatically.

Need to fix your color balance. Also you have the same tilted horizon I see in most Mavic video.

Very nice video - I am jealous. The portability is just insane. I travel a lot for work and would be able to bring the Mavic on each trip. Only bring my Phantom on to the nicer destinations.

Need to fix your color balance. Also you have the same tilted horizon I see in most Mavic video.

Yea the horizon is super easy to fix in the app - I just didn't notice while i Was shooting. The spot I turned it on at probably wasn't perfectly level.

Yea the horizon is super easy to fix in the app - I just didn't notice while i Was shooting. The spot I turned it on at probably wasn't perfectly level.
I don't understand why DJI has such a problem with keeping the horizon level. This is not just a problem on the Mavic. My Typhoon stays level. Calibrate it once and done. Does not matter if your launch site is perfectly level.

Yeah, I don't get it. My Inspire and Phantom 4 also have issues with "tilted horizon". Its usually noticeable when I'm maneuvering around and stop. It does level out but it takes several seconds of hovering.

My H also gets that "titled" horizon from time-to-time as well, but seems less often and levels out pretty quick...

To the OP - Nice video. I didn't pre-order but will definitely be picking a Mavic up when they become available to my LHS. I like its compact size with full features that will be very easy to take on my motorcycle...

I don't understand why DJI has such a problem with keeping the horizon level. This is not just a problem on the Mavic. My Typhoon stays level. Calibrate it once and done. Does not matter if your launch site is perfectly level.

Yeah, I don't get it. My Inspire and Phantom 4 also have issues with "tilted horizon". Its usually noticeable when I'm maneuvering around and stop. It does level out but it takes several seconds of hovering.

My H also gets that "titled" horizon from time-to-time as well, but seems less often and levels out pretty quick...

To the OP - Nice video. I didn't pre-order but will definitely be picking a Mavic up when they become available to my LHS. I like its compact size with full features that will be very easy to take on my motorcycle...
I have a cheap $70 GoodLuckBuy gimbal with a GoPro held on with rubber bands. It is never really perfectly balanced. I have calibrated it once when I first set it up and have not had to calibrate it again. It holds level very consistently. It does have a second IMU. Maybe this is what DJI has left out of the Mavic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval