Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just when I thought it was to quiet from the FAA

It was intended as humor...sorry, it sounded sarcastic. I have to avoid impulse posting.
No big; and no, you're right. Jeff Bezos doesn't need any more money. At this point its just called greed and his wanting to be in on anything from the ground floor that has to do with drones and securing "his" airspace.

Looks like it is time to get a hew hobby... something with lasers...
I'm gonna get back into flying Model Rockets,and fly my drones at the same time. Always wanted to do that,and then we'll see what's left after that.By the way I had a few go way higher than 400',this oughta be interesting! Keith C.

Wow, I hadn't thought of model rockets for a long time. Used to build them as well. I haven't done it since getting into civil design work where I learned to do some 3D modeling. Could actually now design them with my modeler, and print them from my 3D printer. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: 7cyclops
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced the eight companies that will assist the Federal government in establishing requirements for future suppliers of Remote Identification (Remote ID).
The FAA selected the following companies to develop technology requirements for future Remote ID UAS Service Suppliers (USS):
"Airbus", AirMap, "Amazon", Intel, One Sky, Skyward, T-Mobile, and Wing. I had a feeling Amazon was partially behind this, due to the fact they want Drone Package delivery and want our (Rec.and comerical pilot's) airspace. Airbus I don't get? They are a European Aircraft Manufacturer, Like Boeing here in the U.S.

But that's just my 2 cents..
Art
Yeah the skies over America are owned my Amazon. The FAAs new crew also has the CEO of either a made up company or a really new one that was started towards the end of 2020 and claims to be a world wide Drone repair company. I suppose theyll be taking care of Jeff Bezos Amazon Trainwrecks, i mean drones

I'm gonna get back into flying Model Rockets,and fly my drones at the same time. Always wanted to do that,and then we'll see what's left after that.By the way I had a few go way higher than 400',this oughta be interesting! Keith C.
rockets are ok at 400 ft just not multi rotor drones. Id love to see ur drones n rockets video. just make sure the video is from the rocket and not the illegal drones, you could be fined

One of my points being, where they say " The FAA selected the following companies to develop technology requirements for future Remote ID": Amazon and T-Mobile are not tech companies.
Amazon or AWM owns the worlds largest cloud based internet systems that almost every buisness in the world uses and Tmobil is a very large yet horrible cell phone company. I think they are both tech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval