Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

King of the Hills...

Reaction score
I don't live in a massively attractive mountainous area, but down in Hampshire we have got a good line in hills, and yesterday I went for a little spin round the largest of them, Butser, at 900 ft. There's a big transmitter mast up there, but I trusted the H to within 30 m of it at times, and was pleased to find we had no appreciable change in behaviour, so whatever it is transmitting doesn't appear to break our RC or video signals...

Hands were properly freezing, so please let me off the less-than-stellar camerawork at times ;)

Aero J

nice i did a 2 mile treck and scraped my flight due to wind yesterday
Lols :) I also had a disastrous flight day today. First place was a picturesque lock and waterlands etc - miles and miles of empty nothing, but had just taken off when some woman appeared from nowhere to tell me it was a National Trust lock, and I had to stop. So I moved up the road to a hillside overlooking Guildford, but by then winds had picked up to a point where, like you, I had to abandon ship, write one off to bad luck and call it a day... I have just deleted all my rubbish footage :)

oh where is the lock i have got a thing against national trust lol
St Catherine's Lock, Artington, just south of Guildford. It's a public footpath / bridleway leading all the way through it so I thought I was OK, but no, the woman pointed to their stupid little sign - literally - just a board with the name of it and a tiny NT logo. I apologised, was very polite and told her I would leave immediately, and then fumed about the injustice of it all the way home :) How DARE they receive custodianship of such places on the proviso that they will keep them available to everyone while they openly discriminate against one whole section of the community and even careful, law-abiding UAV pilots ! Disgraceful behaviour. I find it not the slightest problem to obey all the laws concerning safety and privacy and sensible flying, but this sort of 'for the sake of it' bull**** drives me insane. I'm going to have to go and look at kittens now and restore my zen interior...

haha yep the National trust battle with the drone ( how is it we can fly from crown land and it clearly says so on there page ( as long as following all caa rules )but not NT land )
anyway lol they dont own the air space find somewhere to take off from keep 150 feet high
shame its none of these nothing about drones on there canal river trust

lol they don't own the air space
Unfortunately, my friend, I think they do, up to at least 500 ft by UK law. However, looking on their very own map I see that the bit they own is actually the waterway and the paths either side of it - they don't appear to own the adjacent land !

Anyway - wasn't a totally wasted journey - check out this interactive panoramic - honestly - can you think of a more perfect and safe place to fly ?!

St Catherine's Lock Artington Surrey 120 ft Hugin Panorama thumb.jpg

wow that is nice and as you said safe place to fly
they own to much land and have to much power ( think they do )
but whos land is it really its a trust for the British public owned and run by the British public under the name of a trust and they own 247,000 hectares of mostly perfect drone flying land
**** now you got me going lol

Reactions: AeroJ
One from 2.5 wks ago, before the rain, what little came, but it is now greening, but not the agriculture fields, no plantings yet. And NEVER snow here, good or bad that is. This area historically gets ~3" rain a yr, just 35mi away in Santa Cruz avgs 40", them mtns !! I do not live here but spend winters in area, days are great nights are cold !!

Attachments

• Before the Rain.jpg
    Before the Rain.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval