Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LAANC Authorization into the Drone

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H. My house is in a LAANC area. I used the Air Control App to obtain an approved LAANCE request to fly my drone. HOW do I convince the drone that I can fly? The software on the controller just uses the GPS coordinates , says I'm in a no fly zone, and won't start up. I think it was the app that indicated I needed to "connect the app to the controller". Once again "HOW do I convince the drone that I can legally fly since I have authorization?"

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What airport are you near? If it is a Class B or Class C airspace, you will likely have to get the NFZ Removal to use the Typhoon H there.

Yuneec aircraft do not interface with most apps that allow you to get LAANC clearances. Those apps usually only interface with DJI.

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Once again "HOW" do I convince the drone that I can legally fly since I have authorization?"
Try a deep somber voice??????🤣

As mentioned by @DoomMeister - you can't do this with a Yuneec drone. However, getting a permanent NFZ removal for your Yuneec drone is the answer. I just wish all the 'newer' and 'better' o_O drone manufacturers did it that way, because trust me; once you don't have to deal with all the nanny-ware/app - handshake, secret, signal cross-platform . . . BS - you'll be wondering why others don't allow this.

Ultimately WE are the PICs and don't need to deal with all the hoop-jumping. Sign a document one time that you understand that you are responsible, pay a tiny fee and be done with it. You'll thank Yuneec later. ;)

Sorry for a bit of a rant, can you tell I hate what I have to do to fly those 'other' drones in controlled airspace with proper authority? Sheeeeeeeeshhhh!!!!!!! 🤬;)🤣

Check out @Yuneec Skins to get a NFZ removal and be done with the non-sense.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erciyes