Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Land Measurements

Reaction score
I am doing progressive shots for a company putting in about 60 modular housing units. I was asked today if there was a way to "measure" the plots of land where the houses are going. I told the client that was a whole other ballgame than just pictures but that I would ask. Isn't this into mapping?

In part, it depends on the state laws. Some states like California have strict protections in place for surveyors that prohibit even mapping with drones unless you are state licensed. Regardless, you must make certain there is clear language that any depiction of property lines or measurements are for demonstration purposes only and are not intended to be accurate legal descriptions.

In part, it depends on the state laws. Some states like California have strict protections in place for surveyors that prohibit even mapping with drones unless you are state licensed. Regardless, you must make certain there is clear language that any depiction of property lines or measurements are for demonstration purposes only and are not intended to be accurate legal descriptions.
Thank you, Steve. Great info as usual. The intent here is to do a little homework before asking some questions. This is Georgia and I have already let them know that whatever we do is strictly for demonstration and cannot hold up as legal representation of the plots. Thanks,

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy