Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear Retracted Switch?

Reaction score
So I have an H that I got from a guy that crashed it. The landing gear was broken and one side a little sloppy. watched the videos on YouTube and tore into it found a broken part. one side of the fork (the point) is broken off but it still engages good enough that it only droops about 1/2". I put foam tubing on the ends of the legs to offset the difference and it sets level. I was testing it tonight and I usually fly as low as the GPS allows it with the landing gear up....well landing gear was up but it was not keeping it the usual 4-5 foot off the ground...not sure why it doesn't know the gear is up. could have been catastrophic as I usually rely on the software to keep me safe above AGL I can send pics of the part if i need to but I guess my question is how does it know the gear is up

There's no sensor for gear up or gear down. The servo motor will stop when resistance is felt on the internal motor. If you want to test this pull the servo, grab a nine volt battery and touch the outside terminals with a wire attached to the 9 volt. Reverse the wires and the motors work in reverse. Servos will stop in the full up or full down position. Several websites have servo motors. I believe they are in the $40 range.

I was testing it tonight and I usually fly as low as the GPS allows it with the landing gear up....well landing gear was up but it was not keeping it the usual 4-5 foot off the ground...not sure why it doesn't know the gear is up. could have been catastrophic as I usually rely on the software to keep me safe above AGL I can send pics of the part if i need to but I guess my question is how does it know the gear is up
You can fly close to the ground with landing gear up. I sometimes use this to drag the camera through the tops of tall grass for very interesting video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro