Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Pad

Reaction score
I'm looking for a landing pad and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I would like a hard folding type so i don't have to mess with anchoring as much. I also would like something that lights up for easy location at night. Does anyone have any recommendations? The only light up one i can find are the fabric type, which i bought and absolutely hate, it keeps flying away. My buddy has a hard folding type which i really like, but it doesn't have lights

I'm looking for a landing pad and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I would like a hard folding type so i don't have to mess with anchoring as much. I also would like something that lights up for easy location at night. Does anyone have any recommendations? The only light up one i can find are the fabric type, which i bought and absolutely hate, it keeps flying away. My buddy has a hard folding type which i really like, but it doesn't have lights
You have this one...

Here's a tip from an old know-it-all.
Remember, If want to look like a pro with every landing, don't use a landing pad as a touchdown target. That way no one will ever know when you miss your intended landing spot, and more importantly they won't know how far off you were! :cool:

Here's a tip from an old know-it-all.
Remember, If want to look like a pro with every landing, don't use a landing pad as a touchdown target. That way no one will ever know when you miss your intended landing spot, and more importantly they won't know how far off you were! :cool:
The hand catch alleviates that embarrassment too. Much easier to use when a flat level surface is not readily available.

Reactions: 7cyclops and DCH
Probably can find it on eBay or Amazon I know I have one that I bought from eBay. And then I have the big nylon one. Both are very good. Yes if you don’t stick the nylon one down it will move around obviously because of the ground affect from the drone

Reactions: 7cyclops
That is a little hard to do with a 920+.
Yep! You don’t want to grab onto that one and give it any throttle. It might give your shoulder a tweak.

Trying to hand catch a Tornado would akin to a 90 lb kid trying to handle a 150 lb St Bernard gone rogue.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Make one yourself? Plywood and piano hinge. You can make it whatever size you want then.
Light it up with some 5mm LEDs poked through some holes however you feel, an old (otherwise useless) lipo pack to power it, and appropriate resistors to limit the current.

Yep! You don’t want to grab onto that one and give it any throttle. It might give your shoulder a tweak.

Trying to hand catch a Tornado would akin to a 90 lb kid trying to handle a 150 lb St Bernard gone rogue.
Ha Ha Ha. I laughed out loud. That is a good analogy. As when we were a lady next door had a St. Bernard that used to take (3) 8 year old's for a walk. Trouble was he did not like to go back home. It was his first and last walk for us.

My wife caught my Typhoon H+. Trying to avoid a hard landing. Lets just say it was an experience not to be repeated. She has a mark on her arm from this.

My wife caught my Typhoon H+. Trying to avoid a hard landing. Lets just say it was an experience not to be repeated. She has a mark on her arm from this.
I’ll show you how to do it properly when we get together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval