Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest firmware v2.21, 1st flight

Reaction score
My first flight on the new firmware!

I did not do any calibration, just took it up and all was normal.

About 4 minutes into the flight get 'compass warning, land immediately in angle mode and calibrate'.
It was still flying great at that point.

Did all the calibrations to make it happy and no further problems with that.

Flew two batteries and it handled like a champ.

The RTH height I set to 100 feet, works great.

Cruise control, works as it should.

Being able to adjust camera settings by the left toggle works great, it still don't
remember and settings when shut off however.

Turn LED's on/off works great.

The only thing I noticed different is even in rabbit mode it handled much smoother.
Less jerky when you hit the sticks but also seemed to take longer to ramp up
to full speed.

The video quality I noticed no difference. :rolleyes:

So far I am happy with the updates they have added. ;)

It's often overlooked, but anytime you do a firmware install all of the calibrations are zeroed out and even the date and time are reset. I presume this is still the case although I haven't done this update yet.
That would be reason enough to redo all the calibrations and set the time and date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Mackey
It's often overlooked, but anytime you do a firmware install all of the calibrations are zeroed out and even the date and time are reset. I presume this is still the case although I haven't done this update yet.
That would be reason enough to redo all the calibrations and set the time and date.

I didn't think Yuneec recommended calibration unless advised as their IMU works differently than the DJI products?

As Steve alludes to whenever you have a firmware update recalibrate everything....what's a few seconds as opposed to waiting weeks for repairs.

Last edited:
Has Yuneec released the new firmware for download on their site? I went to their site and cannot find it. I just got H 2 weeks ago and I am amazed that they are already coming out with an update this soon but I surely welcome it. Can anyone please advise.

Has Yuneec released the new firmware for download on their site? I went to their site and cannot find it. I just got H 2 weeks ago and I am amazed that they are already coming out with an update this soon but I surely welcome it. Can anyone please advise.
Whats being posted in the other thread is not released in the UK or US, I know from someone at Yuneec that there is still a bug being work on, so unless you want to risk voiding your warranty, and installing what is probably a beta, I would wait till it appears on the US and EU sites. The last update was on July 7th, it's nearly 2 months ago so it's relative to then not to your purchase

Last edited:
I didn't think Yuneec recommended calibration unless advised as their IMU works differently than the DJI products?
The Yuneec tech I spoke with awhile back stated to always do update after firmware or when travelling far from your destination of last calibration. I tend to lean in towards his statement personally!

Whats being posted in the other thread is not released in the UK or US, I know from someone at Yuneec that there is still a bug being work on, so unless you want to risk voiding your warranty, and installing what is probably a beta, I would wait till it appears on the US and EU sites. The last update was on July 7th, it's nearly 2 months ago so it's relative to then not to your purchase ;)
I will agree whole heartily to your statement my friend!;)

Reactions: banned user
Whats being posted in the other thread is not released in the UK or US, I know from someone at Yuneec that there is still a bug being work on, so unless you want to risk voiding your warranty, and installing what is probably a beta, I would wait till it appears on the US and EU sites. The last update was on July 7th, it's nearly 2 months ago so it's relative to then not to your purchase ;)
I wonder if they are planning a Friday firmware release as per last firmware update.

I wonder if they are planning a Friday firmware release as per last firmware update.
I'd say that was the target last week, I don't care too much anyway if it's a week or 4, what I have works and does all I need to do, but I do look forward to the new tricks our beat testers are posting )

I'd say that was the target last week, I don't care too much anyway if it's a week or 4, what I have works and does all I need to do, but I do look forward to the new tricks our beat testers are posting )
I posted yesterday that Tim at YuneecUSA said it be out by the end of this week!

My H that flew perfect for 2 months went bonkers after the last update, It does have alot of cool features that I posted!

My H that flew perfect for 2 months went bonkers after the last update, It does have alot of cool features that I posted!
Oh mine was always dropping the video connection before the last update and taking ages to connect, it then became stable after the last update, but we are on different versions EU and US, it looks like there is a lot of work going on and listing to users so I'm sure soon we all will have more than we wanted.

Reactions: DroneClone
Just flew a couple more batteries with new firmware.

They really mellowed out the right stick and its not as responsive as before, but it is a camera platform so probably a good thing
as far as getting good video and will help the battery to last longer also.

With GPS off it hauls balls as usual.

On RTH the H now rotates so the front is facing the direction of travel.

So far everything is working good.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just flew a couple more batteries with new firmware.

They really mellowed out the right stick and its not as responsive as before, but it is a camera platform so probably a good thing
as far as getting good video and will help the battery to last longer also.

With GPS off it hauls balls as usual.

On RTH the H now rotates so the front is facing the direction of travel.

So far everything is working good.
Good to know Jimmylee. Keep us posted on what you find after a few flights. I like what I'm hearing so far. No one has posted any problems and the new features seem worthwhile.

Whats being posted in the other thread is not released in the UK or US, I know from someone at Yuneec that there is still a bug being work on, so unless you want to risk voiding your warranty, and installing what is probably a beta, I would wait till it appears on the US and EU sites. The last update was on July 7th, it's nearly 2 months ago so it's relative to then not to your purchase

Yes I believe I better wait until the US Release comes out from Yuneec. My H is flying great. It was pulling to the right a little with forward stick. I did a accelerometer calibration and it's spot on now. I just have to get used to the twitchy movements. Even in turtle mode the sticks are touchy. I'm used to the Q500+ which is like butter in turtle mode. The H has WAY more torque. Going to take a lot more practice to say the least.

My uneducated opinion agrees with Captain Drone for a Friday release. If they release Friday (same day as last release) people have all weekend to figure out how to update firmware, bind etc. without clogging support lines...they of course would also get support from end users at places like this. By Tuesday only those who have been unable to solve the various riddles themselves will need to contact tech. support.

My uneducated opinion agrees with Captain Drone for a Friday release. If they release Friday (same day as last release) people have all weekend to figure out how to update firmware, bind etc. without clogging support lines...they of course would also get support from end users at places like this. By Tuesday only those who have been unable to solve the various riddles themselves will need to contact tech. support.

Could be :) Its worth the wait as we already know!

Intentionally releasing on a Friday to minimize support calls is foolish -- I doubt that is their intention. Saving on phone calls to their support staff is not worth the frustrated customers who would be down for a long weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval