Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest H520 Updates

Reaction score
Good morning all, where can we go for the latest H520 firmware updates? When I go directly to YUNEEC's (USA) website none of the updates work for me. My screen keeps saying download unsuccessful. So then I used my micro SD card to try and download it from my laptop and transfer it to the ST-16 and that didn't work either.??‍♂️ So am I missing something? Is Yuneec even operational here in the States anymore? Are we supposed to use firmware updates from overseas?

Please understand I am not certain of which method you were using. The easiest method is to use the "UpdatePilot" App on your ST16S to obtain the latest update.
If UpdatePilot does not work for you, you can do a manual update using SD cards by following the instructions found in Attachment 31 (E90/H520 SD Card Firmware Upgrade) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
Note the following:
1.) These instructions will only work if you have the E90 camera.
2.) The link in the document leads to a source of two firmware versions. The Version from Late December caused problems for a lot of users, and most could only be resolved by sending the camera to Yuneec. At least one issue was reported after using the latest update. There are no guarantees you will still have a functioning system after the updates. Regardless of how you perform the update, or where you get the files.

If your system is currently functioning normally and is doing everything you need it to do, you may want to consider leaving it as is until more confidence is gained in these latest updates.

Please understand I am not certain of which method you were using. The easiest method is to use the "UpdatePilot" App on your ST16S to obtain the latest update.
If UpdatePilot does not work for you, you can do a manual update using SD cards by following the instructions found in Attachment 31 (E90/H520 SD Card Firmware Upgrade) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
Note the following:
1.) These instructions will only work if you have the E90 camera.
2.) The link in the document leads to a source of two firmware versions. The Version from Late December caused problems for a lot of users, and most could only be resolved by sending the camera to Yuneec. At least one issue was reported after using the latest update. There are no guarantees you will still have a functioning system after the updates. Regardless of how you perform the update, or where you get the files.

If your system is currently functioning normally and is doing everything you need it to do, you may want to consider leaving it as is until more confidence is gained in these latest updates.
Thank you for the information, very much appreciated.

As Terrance has also confirmed, the original H520/E90 can now be updated using UpdatePilot or the manual micro-card method. I updated one 10 days ago using UpdatePilot. The Android system itself also updates. Charge both the ST16S and the craft battery fully before starting, and have micro cards in both.

As Terrance has also confirmed, the original H520/E90 can now be updated using UpdatePilot or the manual micro-card method. I updated one 10 days ago using UpdatePilot. The Android system itself also updates. Charge both the ST16S and the craft battery fully before starting, and have micro cards in both.
Oh ok thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Also have any of you been able to actually speak with anyone from Yuneec here in the States? Are they totally shut down here now?

Hi, what if I had the E30z how should I upgrade with SD ..? With DataPilor I get an error..

@flatron667,
Have you already upgraded the rest of your system?
Do you have copies of the EZ30z files you want to load?
Are you having a problem with your system that prompted the upgrade?
Hello @WTFDproject
I have the whole system updated to the latest firmware. Before the update I also had these bugs and I thought that updating would fix it.
I've seen videos of the H520 with a long flight and video range, and mine hasn't :(
I made the updates with the UpDate app except for the E30Z update which gave me an error and I had to download the .bin and install it with the SD.
These problems are apart from the difficulties with linking H520 and ST16, it takes a long time ..

Hola @WTFDproject
Como tengo todo el firmware actualizado, solo puedo intentar cambiar las antenas, intentando conseguir más señal.
He probado una antena unidireccional de + 12db y una antena parabólica unidireccional. (Fotos adjuntas)
Sin mejora.
Algunas ideas..?
Estoy pensando que la falla puede estar en la antena transmisora del E30Z.

Control 1.JPG

Control 2.JPG

My first idea would be to download a WIFI monitor on your smartphone, and check the WIFI signal strength of the camera. It should be in the -45dBm range when about a meter or so in front of the camera.

Mi primera idea sería descargar un monitor WIFI en tu smartphone, y comprobar la intensidad de la señal WIFI de la cámara. Debería estar en el rango de -45dBm cuando se encuentra a un metro más o menos delante de la cámara.

Reactions: flatron667
My first idea would be to download a WIFI monitor on your smartphone, and check the WIFI signal strength of the camera. It should be in the -45dBm range when about a meter or so in front of the camera.

Mi primera idea sería descargar un monitor WIFI en tu smartphone, y comprobar la intensidad de la señal WIFI de la cámara. Debería estar en el rango de -45dBm cuando se encuentra a un metro más o menos delante de la cámara.

ok, today i try it

Hi @WTFDproject , Today I have done some tests, I have used 2 wifi network analysis applications, NetSpot and iStumbler, the 2 installed on my MAC. Control 1 with the omnidirectional antenna (mushroom antenna) and Control 2 with the directional satellite dish. (See "Photo 0.jpg" of the attached files)

Foto 0.JPG

Test 1: Control 1 and Control 2 connected and linked to the E30Z, the Yuneec 4 meters from me without taking off See "Photo 1". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 1" (-51db)
Foto 1

Análisis 1

Test 2: Yuneec flying 65 meters away and 30 meters high. See "Photo 2". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 2" (-53db)
Foto 2.JPG

Analisis 2.png

Test 3: Yuneec flying 130 meters away and 40 meters high. See "Photo 3". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 3" (-63db)
Foto 3.JPG

Analisis 3.png

Test 4: Yuneec flying 200 meters away and 40 meters high. . Network analysis result, see "Analysis 4" (-72db)
Analisis 4.png

Test 5: Yuneec flying 250 meters away and 40 meters high. See "Photo 5". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 5" (-76db)

Foto 5.JPG

Analisis 5.png

In "Photo 5" taken during Test 5, you can see how the video link is completely lost.

In my opinion the fault is in the wifi emitter of the E30Z, or the antenna or the wifi plate (or some other part of the E30Z that I do not know). As can be seen in "Analysis 1", it is not normal that at just 4 meters away we obtain a signal of -51db, it would have to be much higher, just as at a greater distance the signal progressively loses until reaching values of - 76db.

Another test that I have carried out to verify that the NetSpot, iStumbler and MAC programs give reliable results has been to set my mobile as an Access Point and walk away. At 10 meters away I got -39db.

What is your opinion..??

Other members, such as @Steve Carr can probably provide better information. The signal strength at the point you lost video was still good. You would not normally see a video loss at that power. What I can also see is that the SNR gets worse as you move away from the controller. That suggests the "Noise Source" is in or near the controller, not on or near the camera/drone. As the signal decreases with distance, the "noise" is becoming the dominant signal, and the video is lost. At least that is what it looks like to me just looking at the reports you provided. I know very little about WIFI, and I hope some of the other members will provide you with more reliable information. But if it were mine, I would be looking at minimizing any non-essential electronics from the controller area.

Reactions: flatron667
Your testing would have more value if you could compare it against an E90 at the same location.
Without a standard it's difficult to draw a conclusion.

Buenos días, he conseguido hacer la misma prueba con el E90, para ver si hay diferencia ..
Te dejo este video para que veas el resultado ...
Good morning, I managed to do the same test with the E90, to see if there is a difference ....
I leave this video for you to see the result ...

(Anticipo que tengo los mismos problemas .. :()
(I anticipate that I have the same problems...).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Also have any of you been able to actually speak with anyone from Yuneec here in the States? Are they totally shut down here now?
I had a bunch of question regarding the H520E updates. At first, nobody responded to the US online customer service requests. Then, a few days ago, I started getting regular responses from the EU or Kayako groups. It seems like they picked up the slack. I have the same question though. Does the US group even still exist? For a while there, I was getting no response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop