Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED lampshade removing tool

For personal use, 0.4 mm slices and 40% fill with PLA material is enough as quality. For sale, you can use higher settings, ABS and so on. I'll not stick to my personal human rights, my intellectual property and so on. If someone wants to get profit from this, a donation is welcome. This will keep my interest to prepare more tools for free.

Reactions: johnnyb57
When you put on the lampshade, and especially when you remove it from just mounted one, be careful to not bend the tool. Better is to hold the head with three fingers and pull straight up. The tool lies tight, which is important to do the job properly, but this asks some limitations and necessary some habits work with hand-tools.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, if they would have the tool for sale, I would happily pay for it.
But this is kind of our only option.
THANK YOU Vaklin!
Köszönöm! (Did I say that right?)

If you want to give thanks in the Bulgarian language, you can say "Благодаря!".
I'm from Bulgaria, not from Hungary.

About the donation I clearly said - if you got some money with help of my efforts, you can share some amount. If you want this, of course.

If you use my ideas and efforts to do something personally for you, one more smiley face in the world is enough for me.

You can ask near to you to print the tool and pay for this service only.

Last edited:
съжалявам! I'm not sure why I thought you were Hungarian - maybe I was thinking of that scene in "My Fair Lady".
I tried printing the tool lying flat, but it cannot take the strain of moving the lampshade.
I have now printed it standing straight up, as the original stl is oriented. This is better. It of course requires supports.
I have finally printed it on its side. Again, with supports. This works best for me.
If you put this on Thingiverse.com, there is a way for you to accept "tips", i.e. payment.
Thank you very much! Excellent work!
(For those who do not have their own 3D printers, there are services such as www.shapeways.com that will print an object for you, for a fee. If you do so, consider paying Vaklin something as well.)
Vaklin - here is my smiling face: :D

Do you have any ideas on which fasteners are best to use for this?
There are no fasteners for the lamp shades. They are L shaped plastic tabs on the shades and the tool allows you to apply pressure toward the motor while turning to remove/replace the shades. It is very easy to break the tabs if the tool is not used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop