Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Light off on arms and binding issue

Reaction score
The lights on the arms are not lit up and having issues with binding

Last edited by a moderator:
We will need more information to suggest remedy. The standard question is:
What changed between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not?

Hi, at start up the lights do no not flash or light, the power button lights up, i have video signal but nothing else works. no camera controls.. no aircraft controls.. when attempting to bind the camera shows and connects the bird shows but will not check? The only thing i can think of is mayby Qground? I have only attempted making missions in this program?

Most of what you describe could be attributed to bad firmware on the drone. Have you done an update recently?

Will the drone turn off by the on/off button? Or do you have to pull the battery to turn the drone off? .

Most of what you describe could be attributed to bad firmware on the drone. Have you done an update recently?

Will the drone turn off by the on/off button? Or do you have to pull the battery to turn the drone off? .
Have to pull battery

There are two ways to possibly recover from this. The first is to remove the camera, remove the battery, and try to connect to QGroundcontrol again.
If it connects, shut everything down, remove the USB, install the battery, and see if the drone will start.

If the "easy way" described above did NOT work, the second method is to reflash the firmware using the process described below. This process will flash both the camera and the HPlus to the current Build 822. If you were not already on Build 822, you will need to upgrade the controller to match.
1) Format an SD card.
2) Download all four files from H Plus and C23 - Dropbox
3.) Copy all four files for the SD card.
4.) Ensure the SD card now has four files on it: autopilot.yuneec, camera.bin, gimbal.yuneec, versioninfo.json.
5.) Eject the SD card
6.) Put the SD card in the C23.
7.) Mount the C23 on the H Plus
8.) Turn on the H Plus.
Note: It will take a minute or so before anything starts to happen. Generally, the camera will stabilize and flash the green camera LED. The camera will then go limp for a while. Things will go off, then back on a couple times. Various color and pattern arm LEDs and camera LED will show. Eventually, the camera should stabilize, and show a green flashing LED. The upgrade may not be complete at that point. Allow about three more minutes to ensure the update is complete.
9.) When you are sure the update is complete, shut down the drone.
10.) Remove the SD Card.
11.) Restart everything normally.

well the easy way didn't work. I will try the sd card! THANKS for bailing me out again..it seems I keep making stupid mistakes...Live and learn

If the "easy way" described above did NOT work, the second method is to reflash the firmware using the process described below. This process will flash both the camera and the HPlus to the current Build 822. If you were not already on Build 822, you will need to upgrade the controller to match.
1) Format an SD card.
2) Download all four files from H Plus and C23 - Dropbox
3.) Copy all four files for the SD card.
4.) Ensure the SD card now has four files on it: autopilot.yuneec, camera.bin, gimbal.yuneec, versioninfo.json.
5.) Eject the SD card
6.) Put the SD card in the C23.
7.) Mount the C23 on the H Plus
8.) Turn on the H Plus.
Note: It will take a minute or so before anything starts to happen. Generally, the camera will stabilize and flash the green camera LED. The camera will then go limp for a while. Things will go off, then back on a couple times. Various color and pattern arm LEDs and camera LED will show. Eventually, the camera should stabilize, and show a green flashing LED. The upgrade may not be complete at that point. Allow about three more minutes to ensure the update is complete.
9.) When you are sure the update is complete, shut down the drone.
10.) Remove the SD Card.
11.) Restart everything normally.
HI Tom, I tried to reload files as suggested no luck??

One last thing. I notice in a related thread, success was obtained after a delay. In that thread, only autopilot.yuneec and versions.json were loaded on the SD card. The system power was turned on. Apparently, nothing happened for longer than expected, and the guy started looking for other things with power still on. All of a sudden, things lit up and the world returned to normal.
You may want to try again with the SD card. Use only the autopilot.yuneec and versions.json files, and let it sit for about 5 minutes to see if anything happens. Note the file source in the other path is from a different repository. Both sets were provided by @Steve Carr, but I think I would use the link in this other post anyway.
Drone will not initialize | Yuneec Drone Forum (yuneecpilots.com)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech