Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lithium batteries

Reaction score
I have a used g500 that looks a little rough, there is two of the drone batteries in the box but I’m concerned because they feel soft under the label is that normal or should I replace them?
Thank you

Hi, welcome on the Yuneec pilots forum.
It depends on how swollen the batteries are (can you posts a picture?) but above all on how much charge they are able to store.
If you have a charger with an indicator of the internal resistance of the battery, you can get an idea of the situation, otherwise the only thing to do is to charge them, check that they do not heat up during charging, then try to make a flight keeping the drone hovering at low altitude without camera (to save it in case of crash... ) and evaluate their duration.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome on the Yuneec pilots forum.
It depends on how swollen the batteries are (can you posts a picture?) but above all on how much charge they are able to store.
If you have a charger with an indicator of the internal resistance of the battery, you can get an idea of the situation, otherwise the only thing to do is to charge them, check that they do not heat up during charging, then try to make a flight keeping the drone hovering at low altitude without camera (to save it in case of crash... ) and evaluate their duration.
As PIER stated very walm welcome to the forum

Reactions: Peter b
As PIER stated very walm welcome to the forum
The batteries won’t charge? The charger blinks 1 green 2 red which it says is cell balancing? It does this for hours never changes and the batteries are not getting warm - there was a little tester in the box and they read 11.2 volts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone