Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Live Streaming from the 'H'

I believe you need to connect a device to the HDMI port of the ST16 which can connect to the internet for the stream.

someone youtube used a nvidia shield tablet which has hdmi to live stream.

Can you do that directly with the tablet or would I need to have my cell phone tied in somehow?
I would say it is not option at all with the Typhoon H. DJI has it built into their App Software. Yuneec would have to do the same thing but currently they Yuneec app on the ST16 is very basic. Possibly in the future they could add this feature.

Reactions: Hun il Lee
think an app on the st16 isnt going to work as the st16 is using its wifi to connect to the cgo3+ so theres no way of connecting to the internet on it ... unless you could create a second connection some how

think an app on the st16 isnt going to work as the st16 is using its wifi to connect to the cgo3+ so theres no way of connecting to the internet on it ... unless you could create a second connection some how

Yeah thats the problem. The use of wifi for the camera is a limiting factor, they could perhaps release a new controller with cellular or a second wifi interface but it would be a difficult I think due to interference. I was wondering if the HDMI out could be used if there was a device that accepted HDMI in that could stream.

I think until Yuneec develop a different technology such as light bridge the online options may be out.

i dont know if you could use the usb to link to a phone to use its data option when i get my h i will try it

There is an app for the CGO3 that works with the CGO3+ in the app store and it does connect to the camera on the H simultaneously with the ST16. Now since you can see thru the camera on the cell phone using wifi - not sure about how to stream from there to youtube. I never streamed before to a youtube channel. But like I said - I have connected to the H camera via wifi on my iPhone and it was connected to the ST16 at the same time.

Reactions: skwty
There is an app for the CGO3 that works with the CGO3+ in the app store and it does connect to the camera on the H simultaneously with the ST16. Now since you can see thru the camera on the cell phone using wifi - not sure about how to stream from there to youtube. I never streamed before to a youtube channel. But like I said - I have connected to the H camera via wifi on my iPhone and it was connected to the ST16 at the same time.
an app called Periscope should do it.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Working it using the camera on a mobile phone is fine. The snag may be that if the the phone is receiving the wifi link from the H to get the pictures will it simultaneously transmit the picture to Periscope broadcast? I am sure you will be cautious but I would only try it without flying the H. You are all ready in team mode and the link might break with the H possibly causing problems. As the wifi does the picture only and has nothing to do with the control of the H you would not want to have a very expensive experiment.

An iPad running the CG03 app could do it over cellular but not over wifi as its connected to the Typhoon H over wifi. Periscope only works with certain third party cameras such as the Go Pro and the Phantom 3 and 4. I don't think it'll work with the Typhoon H, good idea though.

I have not used the iPad app much but I guess one limiting factor would be range as I assume the iPad loses signal a long way before the ST16 would?

I did not know that about Periscope and the GO Pro Phantoms. My colleague just uses the phone on his camera to get the image and then connects to Periscope and broadcasts. We just have to try it I guess.

I used the liveshell to ustream for several hockey broadcast this year and it works perfectly. I also have a very nice HDMI splitter which also runs on 5V USB. I will get the name brand and post here. The problem is this, when connected to HDMI out on ST16 you are viewing the camera and the telemetry. I will try binding an ST12 for drone piloting and binding the ST 16 for camera work. This may isolate camera video for output on the ST16 HDMI.

Reactions: DarkWhiteChocolate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval