Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Live Streaming from the 'H'

I would say it is not option at all with the Typhoon H. DJI has it built into their App Software. Yuneec would have to do the same thing but currently they Yuneec app on the ST16 is very basic. Possibly in the future they could add this feature.

the ST-16 will never be able to stream because it lacks Cellular board. plus the st-16 can not connect to a wifi router and be connected to the Cgo3 wifi at the same time

What about plugging in a nano usb to wifi dongle that you can get for like $10 and connect it to your hotspot on your cellphone via wifi ( I am with T-Mobile and get 7GB a month free hotspot) and then now you have with that cellular data being used by the wifi of the nano usb wifi dongle. You have the internal wifi on the drone and the nano usb to wifi on the phone hotspot. Android can use multiple wifis with no issues. Now you need a way for it to send the stream to youtube.

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Samsung-Player-OTHERS/dp/B00CXAC1ZW

https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-78...d=1473279057&sr=1-1&keywords=nano+usb+to+wifi

It can certainly be done, the challenge is what hardware you have to hand and what service you want to broadcast to (YouTube, Periscope etc). Quite a few people would like to have such a feature, but each wants a different combination of hardware and service. It makes it uneconomical to build the facility if you can only satisfy one or two people.

It can certainly be done, the challenge is what hardware you have to hand and what service you want to broadcast to (YouTube, Periscope etc). Quite a few people would like to have such a feature, but each wants a different combination of hardware and service. It makes it uneconomical to build the facility if you can only satisfy one or two people.
I would like to be able to use the Facebook Livestream on an android based platform using my Galaxy S6 phone?

Simply put, it is a crane shot without the crane, for live shots of live events.

Still need to confirm that the telemetry will not appear on the ST16 while ONLY bound to camera (not bound to the flight controls).

Otherwise you are posting telemetry on top of imagery.

Could be done by providing a switch (aux) to route video, without telemetry overly, to the hdmi port. Achieved in software.

You can always use your phone to video your screen while flying if someone can figure this out.

Items I use for live streaming and monitor, completely portable:
  1. Very good HDMI splitter for taking ST16 feed to monitor and to streaming (requires 5v usb power simple mod from adapter): OREI HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Two Outputs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HXFARS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_h-v0xbQDJ0T06
  2. Streaming to variety of services, internal power, long battery, small: Cerevo LiveShell PRO Portable 720p HD Streaming Device https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APZ43BM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Dhw0xbB1ZNWE9
  3. Use any personal wifi to connect to Internet.
Again, I hesitate to add apps to android else freeze. Although, H should stop and return at that point.

Has anyone tried, or does anyone know if you can live stream directly from the ST16 to YouTube? I have some friends with DJI Phantom 4's that are doing it.

Have did it, connect your HDMI output to a livestream box and HF stream, it's working but I swap back to DJI to do it, because I can select what I can display on the second monitor, with yuneec, you cannot hide the REC information or alert messages, and after double clicking on the screen you do not have anore telemetry, a real mess and lost if you compare to DJI.

Have did it, connect your HDMI output to a livestream box and HF stream, it's working but I swap back to DJI to do it, because I can select what I can display on the second monitor, with yuneec, you cannot hide the REC information or alert messages, and after double clicking on the screen you do not have anore telemetry, a real mess and lost if you compare to DJI.

One solution would be to use a second ST-16 for video. You can also use any Android tablet with a WiFi booster aerial and the Yuneec CGO3 app. Either should work with your set up.

One solution would be to use a second ST-16 for video. You can also use any Android tablet with a WiFi booster aerial and the Yuneec CGO3 app. Either should work with your set up.

If you do it on a second controler or tablet you give the REC option to someone else, I only want an HDMI output without information on ot, it's possible, DJI do it

If you do it on a second controler or tablet you give the REC option to someone else, I only want an HDMI output without information on ot, it's possible, DJI do it

We were talking live streaming - a second controller gives you a video source without the telemetry info overlaid, and that can be streamed how you like. If you want a separate screen for someone who's standing next to you, that's another requirement again.

We were talking live streaming - a second controller gives you a video source without the telemetry info overlaid, and that can be streamed how you like. If you want a separate screen for someone who's standing next to you, that's another requirement again.

Are you sure of that ? a second controller do not have the telemetry or messages on the ST16 ?
I try with a ST10 and got the telemetry on it too.

Can someone explain why live streaming is important other than the fact that the other guys can do it?
I met with a real estate agent this week and the first question he asked me was could I live stream to a web viewer. He told me that 3 of his customers from last year never stepped foot on the property and bought property without ever setting foot on it. He sold the property using Facebook live and walking around the home showing them the property via cellular phone camera. His desire was to allow me to live stream an aerial view of the house, adjoining acreage or unique features to a prospective purchaser out of state or overseas using the H. Interesting way to sell but wanted to see if it was a doable thing with the H. It seems there would be a way to use the HDMI output into another device to stream to the web.

I met with a real estate agent this week and the first question he asked me was could I live stream to a web viewer. He told me that 3 of his customers from last year never stepped foot on the property and bought property without ever setting foot on it. He sold the property using Facebook live and walking around the home showing them the property via cellular phone camera. His desire was to allow me to live stream an aerial view of the house, adjoining acreage or unique features to a prospective purchaser out of state or overseas using the H. Interesting way to sell but wanted to see if it was a doable thing with the H. It seems there would be a way to use the HDMI output into another device to stream to the web.

Why make life difficult? Record the pictures and play in live. You will need a switcher of some sort?

Why make life difficult? Record the pictures and play in live. You will need a switcher of some sort?
I am all for easy and don't like to complicate things if I could help it. Are you meaning record the screen with the phone and play live or did you have another idea that I am nust not understanding. Appreciate giving it a possible solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33