Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for a CGO3+ camera or someone who knows how to repair one

Reaction score
Hello, I recently crashed my Typhoon H and broke a bunch of arms and the camera gimbal. I'm wondering if anyone has a gimbal for sale. Just send me some pictures of it and the price you'd want to get for it. If not, I'd like to find someone who can repair it. Please note, I am not willing to pay any more than $250 as I can purchase one on eBay for less than that. Thanks for any help.

If you can get the CGO3+ for $250 you better buy as many as you can. The CGO3 I don't think will work on the Typhoon H. I think they were only for the Q.

Hello, I recently crashed my Typhoon H and broke a bunch of arms and the camera gimbal. I'm wondering if anyone has a gimbal for sale. Just send me some pictures of it and the price you'd want to get for it. If not, I'd like to find someone who can repair it. Please note, I am not willing to pay any more than $250 as I can purchase one on eBay for less than that. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The CGO3 I don't think will work on the Typhoon H. I think they were only for the Q.

In fact it does work with the Typhoon H but you will obviously lose the biggest advantage of turning it 360°. You also have to have in mind, that the Typhoon H needs a contact plate on the camera. Not every CGO3 has one, although it is quiet simple to add.

In fact it does work with the Typhoon H but you will obviously lose the biggest advantage of turning it 360°. You also have to have in mind, that the Typhoon H needs a contact plate on the camera. Not every CGO3 has one, although it is quiet simple to add.
Image quality will be poor.

Yes, the transmitted quality will be a lot worse. The CGO3 has a 480p stream while the CGO3+ has a 720p (correct me if I am wrong with this). The recorded quality will be more or less the same.
From what I've read it's worked for some not for others, obviously the mount modification required. As a last resort it's worth a try, but other avenues are being offered to OP, with eBay repair and even members offering to sell a used one.

I have one bought as a spare that has seen very little use I could sell for $250. The price will certainly not get lower. It carries the latest firmware.
How would I go about purchasing the one for $250? I was thinking that it would be wiser to keep my broken one for spare parts just-in-case I crash my Typhoon H again.

How would I go about purchasing the one for $250? I was thinking that it would be wiser to keep my broken one for spare parts just-in-case I crash my Typhoon H again.
Have you read the posts about the eBay repair service?

Contact me via private message and we can set up a PayPal transfer along with communication medium info.

Have you read the posts about the eBay repair service?
Yes, but I was thinking that it might be smarter just to purchase a new one. The one I have now is mashed up pretty badly and I don't think it would be worth it to get it repaired

Contact me via private message and we can set up a PayPal transfer along with communication medium info.
Actually never mind, I think I'll try to get the camera repaired first and if that doesn't work out, I'll take your offer.

Yes, but I was thinking that it might be smarter just to purchase a new one. The one I have now is mashed up pretty badly and I don't think it would be worth it to get it repaired
Be very hard to get a new one. There are some over here, but the price of complete H nearly.

Reactions: JSmith731
Actually never mind, I think I'll try to get the camera repaired first and if that doesn't work out, I'll take your offer.

No problem on this end. I’m fixin’ to sell my spare, fully functional, never crashed Typhoon H-480, w/Wizard, and spare camera. I’m only going to keep the H-480 I modified for standard batteries. I’d even sell that one if someone wanted it. I prefer the 920 to the 480’s, therefore stopped flying them, and could stand to open up some room in the shop.

Ultimately I don’t want a bunch of drones on hand that are limited by their firmware so I’ll keep the open source units.

The spare 480 w/ 2 cameras would go for $700. Sorry to say but I need to keep the ST-16 from that one as I damaged the ST-16 for the original 480. That -16 needs new retract and gimbal position switches.

If someone wanted both H’s and both controllers with 3 cameras, one having a 3.77mm lens, the package would go for 1k + shipping. Shipping generally ends up ~$74.00 for each H kit box. I’ll even toss in some Polar Pro and Freewell filters.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval