Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for information about the features in H520E...

Reaction score
Because I'm trying to keep H480 live as long as this is possible, I'm looking for information about the features in H520E. I'm interested in videos with some strategies, which are implemented in the controller and so on. The hardware itself is unchangeable, but the old one works pretty well for now.

Please share pdf's, URL's, and what you have for share ;)

Because I'm trying to keep H480 live as long as this is possible, I'm looking for information about the features in H520E. I'm interested in videos with some strategies, which are implemented in the controller and so on. The hardware itself is unchangeable, but the old one works pretty well for now.

Please share pdf's, URL's, and what you have for share ;)
Hey, here are a couple of links for you.

Johnny

Reactions: Vaklin
Thank you!

I'll really appreciate it if someone shares an experience with prebuild strategies in ST16E. Also interested for me will be strategies to do the job, which are in your minds, but not implemented yet.

Regards!

well the ofdm module on the st16e is routed to the two 2.4 ghz antennas with the 5.8 ghz antenna in the middle. there is a posting on this site which will lead you to web site where you can get some internal info plus pictures of st16e torn apart. given that the camera feed is now running from 2.4ghz not 5.8ghz.

Thank you for the suggestion. I can't change the topology of H480 and ST16. This will be as is. On another side, this is not so important. As I understand, the people want to have H520E due to some new scanning predefined features (build scan, photogrammetry, etc), some kind of RTK, and better cameras. Software features can be implemented in third-party software and upload the scenario to the ST16. RTK can be replaced with PPK and IMHO this strategy will be better. About the cameras, 360 degrees gives more possibilities. The smaller sensor can be covered by more shoots.

I'll try to ask with another approach. How you use your H520e, which task you plan to cover or covered already with them?

Looks like no more ZigBee on the field? All the communication is over the WiFI?

I did some markup on the PDF file from the FCC site. The WiFi board is outlined in Magenta and the coax leading to the 2.4 GHz internal antenna and the external 5.8 GHz antenna are highlighted in yellow.

The external 2.4 GHz control antennas are fed by the coax highlighted in cyan coming from the card in the lower portion of the controller and shown in more detail with covers removed in later photos. It does not appear to be a Zigbee module, but must be a multichannel RC controller of some type (most likely an ODFM type control).

OFDM guys, not

Here is 2.4 GHz used.

ST16E_Freq.jpg

* In Europe, the use of the ISM band is covered by Short Range Device regulations issued by European Commission, based on technical recommendations by CEPT and standards by ETSI.

** Short-range devices are low-power transmitters typically limited to 25–100 mW effective radiated power (ERP) or less, depending on the frequency band, which limits their useful range to few hundred meters, and do not require a license from their users.

Last edited:
And a little explanation of how the range is extended when the limitations are still covered.

OFDM received signal is not so precise from a data transfer point of view. Something like the SD cards. The crystal inside is with a lot of cells, a part of them are marked as waste in the manufacturer's test stage, and all the rest are controlled by a sophisticated algorithm about the probability of what exactly is wrote here.

The same trick is available for OFDM. There are a few frequencies, signals of which are overlapped. The receiver's part tries to best and sometimes the information is the right one. But for the drone is not necessary to have all the time information with maximal precision. Enough is to know the idea of the pilot. The telemetry downlink is not better. I nowhere see the maximum distance between the controller and the copter in RTK mode... Probably this will be shorter a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval