Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RTK with NTRIP in Europe ETRS89

Reaction score
Website
www.ecomap.at
Hi everyone!
As the yuneec documentation on RTK lacks in every possible way I try my luck here with you guys...Hope someone can help

Im doing mapping with my H520e and for that I use a correction signal provide by the Austrian National Surveying Service (APOS Austrian POsitioning Service)

This should provide a accuracy of ±1,5 cm in position and ±4cm in height in ETRS89

The geotags on my yuneec images show me this:

GPS Version ID : 2.3.0.0
GPS Latitude Ref : North
GPS Latitude : 47.424433°
GPS Longitude Ref : East
GPS Longitude : 13.767253°
GPS Altitude Ref : Above Sea Level
GPS Altitude : 829.741 m
GPS Time Stamp : 00:00:00
GPS Satellites : 14
GPS Date Stamp :

So, I got the coordinates but in which CRS are they? Can someone provide an ESPG-Code? I assume they are in WGS84/ITRS (EPSG: 4326). Or are they already transformed to ETRS89? As there is a difference of about 0.5m between this two systems because of the movement of tectonic plates.

I need to know, because if they are in WGS84 i will transform them to ETRS89. But if they are already in ETRS89 I would do falsly a second transform and get an error...

The same i would like to know about the Altitude. What does "Above Sea Level" mean? My Correction Service also provide a Correction in altitude. So is this the ellipsoid height of WGS84 or already GRS80?

Next Question are these tags?

GPSXY Accuracy : 1.000000
GPSZ Accuracy : 2.000000
GPS Fix Type : 4

What does the number 4 in Fix Type stands for. I hope RTK fixed...but i cant find any documentation on it. And why is my accuracy 1m in position an 2m in height when im using RTK?

Hope someone can help...

If you from Europe (or even Austria) and have the same question or are really know what to do please contact me. Maybe we could meet personaly and discuss this further.

I didnt spend extra good money in a system for not been provided with enough information to run the system probably. Shame on you YUNEEC!

regards from Austria
Stefan

Stefan,

You might also try contacting Yuneec Israel on Facebook. They appear to be a much more active Yuneec Dealer than Yuneec USA and Yuneec EU.

I think Yuneec uses the the GPS Fix Types from PX4 MAVlink definitions.
Fix Type 4 is DGPS/SBAS aided 3D position.

The table is here: Messages (common) · MAVLink Developer Guide (scroll down to GPS_FIX_TYPE)

GPS_FIX_TYPE

Value Field Name Description
0 GPS_FIX_TYPE_NO_GPS No GPS connected
1 GPS_FIX_TYPE_NO_FIX No position information, GPS is connected
2 GPS_FIX_TYPE_2D_FIX 2D position
3 GPS_FIX_TYPE_3D_FIX 3D position
4 GPS_FIX_TYPE_DGPS DGPS/SBAS aided 3D position
5 GPS_FIX_TYPE_RTK_FLOAT RTK float, 3D position
6 GPS_FIX_TYPE_RTK_FIXED RTK Fixed, 3D position
7 GPS_FIX_TYPE_STATIC Static fixed, typically used for base stations
8 GPS_FIX_TYPE_PPP PPP, 3D position.

br HE