Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to mess up a perfectly good ST16.

Earlier CGo3 camera firmware does not work well with the ST16 onscreen display. Lots of breakup and artifacts. Upgrading to the latest CGo3 firmware will clear up almost all artifacts.

Is the ST16/Q500/CGO3 video downlink fix to update the CGO3 with the latest Q500/CGO3 firmware;

cgo3gb_2.4.00_A_firmware.bin

or to update the CGO3 with the latest H/CGO3+ firmware:

cgo3+gb_3.2.34_LC2_A_firmware_30234.bin

If I get the ST16 to play nice with the Q500/CGO3 will I be able to go back to using the ST10?

Thanks,
RG

But there are also good news:
With channel settings you can do a lot more for the Q500. I got a model from a very experienced friend that gives us back the Stability flight mode (Blue mode) from the 350QX or Chroma for the Q500. RTH is moved to the landing gear switch.
See ST16 als RC - Stability Mode - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV
Model can be downloaded at #10. Use it on your own risk (as usual). But still the CGO3PRO (which has more possibilities for Cam settings compared to the CGO3 model) cannot be used. I think there is no way to overcome the firmware build in compatibility checks.

Remark: Blus mode (or Stability) means, you have the same behaviour like without GPS (More speed, more rate, more resposibility on the sticks) but you keep RTH and the position stability per GPS will take part after a delay of 1-2s if you let the sticks alone. If you take back the control via stick movement it will cancel GPS support and drift with the wind and react fast and direct to the sticks.
From my point of view the best flight mode Yuneec ever made. Of course not good for smooth videos, but good for fun.

br HE

Thanks for this! I have my Q500 and ST16 working in Blue Mode :) Too bad we can't have Red Mode ;) However, I doubt the stock Q500 has the authority to fly in rate mode without additional tuning.

RG

Reactions: h-elsner
Is the ST16/Q500/CGO3 video downlink fix to update the CGO3 with the latest Q500/CGO3 firmware;
cgo3gb_2.4.00_A_firmware.bin
or to update the CGO3 with the latest H/CGO3+ firmware:
cgo3+gb_3.2.34_LC2_A_firmware_30234.bin
If I get the ST16 to play nice with the Q500/CGO3 will I be able to go back to using the ST10?
Thanks,
RG

The cgo3gb_2.4.00_A_firmware.bin will provide pretty decent onscreen video. I was never able to get a CGo3 to accept the CGo3+ firmware.

The CG03+ video does not work well at all with an ST10. If you change the CG03 processor to a CG03+ processer, and I suspect if you find a way to update CGo3 Firmware to CGo3+ firmware, you will find the CGo3+ video displayed on an ST10 is not even close to being useable.

The cgo3gb_2.4.00_A_firmware.bin will provide pretty decent onscreen video. I was never able to get a CGo3 to accept the CGo3+ firmware.

The CG03+ video does not work well at all with an ST10. If you change the CG03 processor to a CG03+ processer, and I suspect if you find a way to update CGo3 Firmware to CGo3+ firmware, you will find the CGo3+ video displayed on an ST10 is not even close to being useable.

Yikes, the CGO android app allows one to choose between 480p/CGO3 or 720p/CGO3+ downlink resolution to mitigate the bandwidth difference between the CGO3 and CGO3+. Too bad the ST16 expects 720p which causes the poor CGO3 to choke due to lack of bandwidth. Perhaps there's another hidden egg in the ST16 to accept 480p that hasn't been discovered yet...

RG

This is about the limit of what I know, and going beyond is guess work. My current “guess” is that the “Model” profile MAY have something in it that will allow the “CGo3 Pro” features when using a CGo3 camera on an ST16/Q500 combination. Hence, here is my question;
Does anyone know of a way to copy a Q500 “Model” from an ST10+, and load it onto an ST16?

FWIW, I succeeded in pulling the model file from an ST10. Used Android Debug Bridge (ADB) to do it. On an ST10 the models are stored in a single SQLite database file. The file can be viewed using an SQLite browser app. Notice that there doesn't appear to be consistency in the "type, 40x" parameter between the ST10 and ST16. I suppose it would be possible to edit the parameters in an ST10 model file, such as rates and expo, and push the model file back to the ST10, similar to using the Channel Settings tab to edit a model on an ST16.

ST10_Models_1.png

ST10_Models_2.png

ST10_Models_3.png

RG

Reactions: Vaklin and h-elsner
This may be an older thread but i have a question . Im also messing about with the q500 4k and st16 controller,which bound easily . flies fine and all controls work as does watch me and follow me . flies faster with the st16 which was the first thing i noticed.
Ok my question , battery low warning comes on after a few mins in flight due i expect to the st16 thinks its bound to a H not a Q . the H battery voltage is 16.8 and low battery would be at 14, the Q has a charge of 12 and the st10+ would give a low battery warning at 9v. so straight away the st16 is convinced the battery is low at 12 ish although theres plenty of life in it to run the Q for another 20mins.
I would like to crack the st16 firmware and try to change the values. How do i download and open the firmware files ?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hi Doom
Do you think will
Yuneec will make a new
Showing of sorts.
I Love my TH 480
Don’t hold your breath. If they continue, it will be in Asia and the EU. I’m pretty sure we have gotten the mid finger salute.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Don’t hold your breath. If they continue, it will be in Asia and the EU. I’m pretty sure we have gotten the mid finger salute.

What a bummer.
I am weighing heavy
On your words.
LOL. That darn finger
salute.
Well. I hope you guys stick around for awhile.
Keith

Is it possible to change US firmware to EU? If you bought a brand new ST16 from USA. I thought I read here you might be able to do once?

Is it possible to change US firmware to EU? If you bought a brand new ST16 from USA. I thought I read here you might be able to do once?
Good question! Since they are actually different firmware, my guess would be that you could swap back and forth.

Sounds like a phone call to Yuneec UK and pick their brains. What say ye?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz