Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing Connection to Camera

Reaction score
Hi All - I'm new to the Yuneec community but have so far benefited from reading some interesting posts. I've searched the 4k help threads and don't see anything exactly like I experienced so look forward to some guidance. I took my Q500 4k out to the country, wide open fields, no interference, great place to fly. When i got the Quad about 200 ft away at aprox 125 ft in altitude - I lost connection to the camera. The picture froze and I got the red banner across the top of the viewing screen "connection lost". The 1st time it happened I was afraid i lost all connectivity to the quad so i immediately put it in Home mode and it responded and came right back. I tried a second time and got about the same distance away and again lost connectivity to the camera. I realized I was still able to control the quad so i flew it back in Angle mode (which is my preferred flight mode), as i headed back the camera reconnected. My concern is that this is a mighty short distance to be losing camera connectivity. Are there any known remedies someone can recommend?

Hi All - I'm new to the Yuneec community but have so far benefited from reading some interesting posts. I've searched the 4k help threads and don't see anything exactly like I experienced so look forward to some guidance. I took my Q500 4k out to the country, wide open fields, no interference, great place to fly. When i got the Quad about 200 ft away at aprox 125 ft in altitude - I lost connection to the camera. The picture froze and I got the red banner across the top of the viewing screen "connection lost". The 1st time it happened I was afraid i lost all connectivity to the quad so i immediately put it in Home mode and it responded and came right back. I tried a second time and got about the same distance away and again lost connectivity to the camera. I realized I was still able to control the quad so i flew it back in Angle mode (which is my preferred flight mode), as i headed back the camera reconnected. My concern is that this is a mighty short distance to be losing camera connectivity. Are there any known remedies someone can recommend?
hi
you may have had interference between the TX and the RX , 200' out is not that far away , if it happened to you in the same area it just mite be interference , you can try to rebind the camera , won't hurt to try the camera rebind , good luck .
fly safe

hi
you may have had interference between the TX and the RX , 200' out is not that far away , if it happened to you in the same area it just mite be interference , you can try to rebind the camera , won't hurt to try the camera rebind , good luck .
fly safe
Thanks NRRTRAINS - I'm skeptical it was interference since I was not near any populated area's, cell towers or anything else that could be transmitting or receiving. I'll try re-binding and let you know if I see any difference.

Hi All - So i tried re-binding and went out to fly in a smaller field. This time i noticed i would lose connection to the camera quite often. Even when flying within 100 feet or less. I may not have noticed first few flights since the majority of time my focus was on the quad itself, but now that I'm starting to get more comfortable and can place more focus on the controller I'm seeing it happen more often. The connection returns on its own, meaning i don't have to take any action to get it to reconnect. Its just very susceptible to dropping connection. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

I have had lost camera connection problems. Never have been real sure of the cause, or remedy for that matter. I've learned that almost always it will reconnect. I've also become more comfortable getting it back in Angle mode using the arrow even it I can't see with the camera.

if you can, return it and get the DJI phantom 3 Pro. Way more copter for the same price. I know...people say that the customer service is bad at DJI...but I called yesterday and after a long hold, I got a technician that helped walk me thru a problem I was having and even offered some other helpful tips. Amazon has 3 Professionals for just over $800

good luck...sorry your having a hard time.

if you can, return it and get the DJI phantom 3 Pro. Way more copter for the same price. I know...people say that the customer service is bad at DJI...but I called yesterday and after a long hold, I got a technician that helped walk me thru a problem I was having and even offered some other helpful tips. Amazon has 3 Professionals for just over $800

Are there any Yunecc owner/pilots who troll DJI message boards to inject how great there quads are? Or is that something only DJI folks do?

I have had lost camera connection problems. Never have been real sure of the cause, or remedy for that matter. I've learned that almost always it will reconnect. I've also become more comfortable getting it back in Angle mode using the arrow even it I can't see with the camera.
Stan - have you experienced any recorded video loss when you lose connection? I haven't shot enough video to know yet if I'm also losing my recordings when i lose connection between the St10+ and the camera.

i do have a DJI on my wish list - been looking at the Phantom 4 to see what new features it has over the Pro 3. Aside from obstacle avoidance is there any specific feature you know that the 4 has that the pro 3 doesn't? My impression is the other programmable flight features should be firmware updates. But until i'm at a point i can add to my quad collection I'm quite happy with the Q500. I love how it handles with slower more deliberate movements. I'm looking forward to completing some photo/video projects with it. Regardless what other quads i may add in the future i see the Q as being a go-to bird.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Stan - have you experienced any recorded video loss when you lose connection? I haven't shot enough video to know yet if I'm also losing my recordings when i lose connection between the St10+ and the camera.
Amanda, I have never lost camera connection while videoing. I have never thought about that. Any loss in connection I've had has always been while just flying. All my videos and pictures have been good on the card. I don't see what if any difference it would make in maintaining contact with the camera but that is something interesting I'm going to be watching. If I ever get back out to fly again!

i do have a DJI on my wish list - been looking at the Phantom 4 to see what new features it has over the Pro 3. Aside from obstacle avoidance is there any specific feature you know that the 4 has that the pro 3 doesn't? My impression is the other programmable flight features should be firmware updates. But until i'm at a point i can add to my quad collection I'm quite happy with the Q500. I love how it handles with slower more deliberate movements. I'm looking forward to completing some photo/video projects with it. Regardless what other quads i may add in the future i see the Q as being a go-to bird.

I was about to buy the 4...saw some things I did not like and went with the P3PRO. I am very happy with it. I fly indoors and outdoors. The range is amazing outdoors, like OMG amazing. Of course I only fly within line of sight...of course. Some amazing deals on EBAY right now too!

200ft before you lose video connection would indicate to me that your quad or ST10 has something wrong with it. I don't know where you are but I'm in the UK where the power of our video link is reduced (compared to the US/world wide version) and I had a reliable video connection out to around 900ft before I installed the ITElite antenna system to my ST10+ which not only doubled the range at which I lost video but (and more importantly to me) meant that providing the quad could still be seen with the naked eye a good video connection was guaranteed.

Col.

Reactions: Amanda Kahler
I get this problem all the time. The display is absolutely worthless to me. The system does capture the video, but all I see are short snippets of feed, then still picture for as long as a minute, and sometimes an update. I too get this when out on the landscape with no interference.

Reactions: Amanda Kahler
200ft before you lose video connection would indicate to me that your quad or ST10 has something wrong with it. I don't know where you are but I'm in the UK where the power of our video link is reduced (compared to the US/world wide version) and I had a reliable video connection out to around 900ft before I installed the ITElite antenna system to my ST10+ which not only doubled the range at which I lost video but (and more importantly to me) meant that providing the quad could still be seen with the naked eye a good video connection was guaranteed.

Col.
Man, I would never be able to take mine that far away. I have trouble getting it back after 500'.

i went flying this weekend and encountered a new problem. as i was reviewing the captures on my SD card - i didnt have any of my still pictures. Nothing. I took several and even visually inspected the screen during some of those to be sure i got the "capture successful' message across the top. But when i went into the DCIM folder not one single still picture was on the card. I had all 8 of my video's. Any idea's?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval