Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Loss of RC control

Reaction score
I have had my H Plus for about 5 days and one thing that keeps happening is a "Loss of RC control" warning and it does a return to home and lands. It has the newest update from a couple of days ago, batterys are fully charged all three calibrations are done but the loss of RC has happened once each day now. I have been keeping it close, about 50 yard away and no higher than about 100' plus its a wide open area with no power lines at all. Any ideas?

Something is wrong with antennas or transceiver. Send Flightlog to Yuneec to get a RMA for replacement or give it back to your dealer.

Or show us the Flight2Logs (as zip file) just to see what's going on anf if this was everytime before.

br HE

Double check the tips of the 2.4ghz antennae, the two very narrow antennae on the end, are not be pointing directly at the drone, but at a 90 degree angle to the drone.

I read in the latest update post that someone is getting "Loss of RC Control" after the update but in his case it happens at startup. I wonder if a rebind would help?

I did a rebind then a test flight this evening and right off the bat I lost RC but it came back fast.
I then changed the direction of both antennas to almost straight up and kept the antenna sides facing the drone the whole time and that seemed to do it.
Connection was strong and I had no more issues, I even pushed it hard in all directions, even in sport. I will test a few more days before taking it to Dana Point in Ca.

Reactions: Windluv
You always want the 'radiating' portion of the antennae pattern pointing towards the drone. The 2.4g rubber duckies radiation design use the full length of the antennae side, not the tips. The rubber duckies radiate a oval sphere pattern equidistant around you.

Reactions: PatR and rdonson
The stick antennas have a radiation pattern shaped similar to a donut. Everything is done from the sides with a null zone at the tips. If the tips are pointing at something that something is not getting signal. Keep the stick antennas oriented as close as possible to 90% with the drone. If you want to go one step better, orient the stick antennas 90% to each other as well.

For those that want to learn about how their antennas work there are some good educational videos on YouTube. The performance obtained from your RC system will be improved after watching a few of them.

Reactions: Barton and h-elsner
Took my replacement H Plus to an area here in Southern California called Cajon Pass. Its a huge wide open area so I gave my "H" a real test and it flew perfect with what seemed like unlimited range. I just need to figure out a good camera setting for wide open landscape shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss