Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost compass calibration

@Ramrod
As I mentioned before, this seems to be glitch of some type?.
When powering up every once in a while I will also get the amber light flashing. I will only turn the motors off, then turn motors back on.
I do not need to power down the H or transmitter. Hey I just live with it.
I never have this issue once in the air when flying.

Me or whom guessing, if so what, the glitch?
I'm referring to @Ramrod. The H should be checked in the GUI to make sure the systems are functioning correctly and in particular the compass. By rotating the aircraft you can see the compass respond.

once my drone crashed I removed battery and didn't power it up till I had replaced the arm and wired in motor, all seemed good, I never unplugged the GPS module just laid the top back out of the way to avoid any disturbance. once it was fixed I powered it up to be sure led on that motor leg was working, then once I took it to the lake lot where I fly is when I first tried to calibrate and it failed instantly...
I did chat with Yuneec tech help today and they said if it fails right away.... send it in... of course they'd say that but I found a certified Typhoon H repair shop here in Plano Tx so biting the bullet hard I dropped it off for pro help so I can get flying soon... will keep you posted. thank you all

Steve Carr: I ran calibration on the gui to all controls but I guess I missed the compass action part... could you elaborate so I can check it later? thanks

Ramrod

once my drone crashed I removed battery and didn't power it up till I had replaced the arm and wired in motor, all seemed good, I never unplugged the GPS module just laid the top back out of the way to avoid any disturbance. once it was fixed I powered it up to be sure led on that motor leg was working, then once I took it to the lake lot where I fly is when I first tried to calibrate and it failed instantly...
I did chat with Yuneec tech help today and they said if it fails right away.... send it in... of course they'd say that but I found a certified Typhoon H repair shop here in Plano Tx so biting the bullet hard I dropped it off for pro help so I can get flying soon... will keep you posted. thank you all

Steve Carr: I ran calibration on the gui to all controls but I guess I missed the compass action part... could you elaborate so I can check it later? thanks

Ramrod
Once you get your H back, let us know what the cause was.
Did you tip the guy so in order to get your drone repaired quickly?

Once the H is connected to the GUI, the sensors values are displayed. Moving the H around will change the values and you can watch them to see if they respond as they should.

1548916821772.png

I dropped my typhoon H off at Fortress UAV in Plano Tx, they were recommended by Yuneec as a repair facility near me, seemed like a good place, I even asked if they needed any more techs to work there as I'd love to learn more about the working side beyond what I've already done to mine. 7 to 10 days they said.. I'll post results here as I learn more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech