Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost Signal, Almost Had It to Shore .... In the water 4 ft out!!

Reaction score
Hello,

Advice? I grabbed it within 20 seconds, power was still on. I dried it out completely after quickly pulling the battery out. Lights come on, it makes all the right noises, but it will not connect to the controller, and will not start.

Camera seems to work fine.

My first drone, third flight, I know nothing!

That's exactly what I did, and I had the same issue after it dried out, it would connect to the cam but not the H. I had to replace the main board and 2 motors.

Hello,
Advice? I grabbed it within 20 seconds, power was still on. I dried it out completely after quickly pulling the battery out. Lights come on, it makes all the right noises, but it will not connect to the controller, and will not start. Camera seems to work fine. My first drone, third flight, I know nothing!
How did you dry it out and how long? Did you open up the airframe to get it dry?

Even before un-boxing everything, it's the fist thing I do. The full manual first then maybe the quick start guide. After the manual the start guide is kind of redundant.
It's an old habit picked up from building balsa airplanes.
Now days, I do it with most anything. A drone or other. Read first.
:)

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'd be interested to know what percentage of people read the instruction manual or quick start guide that comes with all our Yuneec quadcopters?

Man, I read that thing online multiple times before I bought it. Lol. I read it before I flew too just in case. I forgot something. Glad I did. I knew what light to look for and sounds. I would recommend others watch videos the good and bad. You will learn from others.

Reactions: Jafo and Steve Carr
I ordered my Q500 4K online and before it was even delivered or unbowed I had read the online manuals and quick start guide and downloaded a heap of YouTube video tutorials.

Some one summed if up perfectly on one of the tutorials, that this is not the kind of purchase where you make assumptions and do not bother with the instruction manuals.

I've started watching them. I haven't found the one that covers drying it out yet. I also watched a lot of videos and read the manuals before purchase which was very helpful, but I never considered putting it in the water. Ouch.

I did power it up again today, and more functions are working. It still will not start. I'll try to do the diagnostics Monday when I'm back from out of town. Thank You for all of the advice!

Reactions: Jester

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig