Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lucky?

One other factor that has not been brought up is the pilot's altitude above sea level... being at 5000 ASL here in ABQ, the longest flight I've ever got was one of those slow and steady flights during a battery test, without the camera... 18 minutes to landing at 14.5V. My average was 14-15 minutes, which I always considered to be reasonable.

Reactions: Good time Charlie
Thanks guys. You are making my depression go away. I realize I know nothing except I saw on cnn the other night the exact take off place I like to fly because nobody out there knows what a drone is. It's about 25 miles in podunk mo. Flooded to the max. In 1993 I was flying back from my summer gig at the banff centre of fine arts and we had to circle 3 times because Clinton was landing and what I saw was unrecognizable. Where the **** was st Louis? Everything was water. Frightening sight. I'm so lucky to pretty much have my own private park to fly and practice.

One other factor that has not been brought up is the pilot's altitude above sea level... being at 5000 ASL here in ABQ, the longest flight I've ever got was one of those slow and steady flights during a battery test, without the camera... 18 minutes to landing at 14.5V. My average was 14-15 minutes, which I always considered to be reasonable.
Eagles Eye, you say: "without the camera". Why not without Obstacle Avoidance, GPS, light...to get longer flighttime? Its stupid to measure flight time in that way....

As I mentioned it was a battery test... which is why I also stated my "normal setup" of 14-15 minutes... The point was that at a greater ASL, it may not be possible to ever reach 20 minutes, because of the higher rate of energy output at that altitude.

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio