Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mac OS and Windows sharing a BitLocker Protected Drive(s)

Reaction score
For the Mac OS Users that also use Windows, and wanting a clean stable way to protect a common Drive (External or Internal).
I've tried multiple cross platform tools... VeraCrypt (New TrueCrypt) was close in needs but not very stable moving back & forth between OS... during testing, it eventually failed to re-mount on Mac OS side.

Using a NTFS External Drive is no challenge... Paragon offers a great purchase tool, and several freebies.
To protect the drive, the BitLocker encryption is nice but Mac OS won't recognize it by default.
The TrueCrypt - VeraCrypt offers great encryption offering, but my needs are simply to prevent unwanted access and BitLocker meets that need.

The 2 primary BitLocker for MacOS tools are: M3 and Hasleo.
bitlocker-for-mac.html

I've experimented with both, the M3 is a cleaner professional app but the Hasleo is much lower in cost and benchmarks read/write show them about equal in performance.
Each MacOS requires a purchased License Key, it's not sharable like many applications.
The interface isn't that important to me, once it's unlocked & mounted the Hasleo App can even be closed.

I personally use 3 Mac Catalina and a Bootcamp Windows 10 1909 with 1 20TB Thunderbolt 3 Drive and a Drobo 5D3. Both Externals formatted in NTFS & Bitlocker.
The Thunderbolt provides excellent throughput to store images, photogrammetry and 3D projects.

Reactions: Grumpy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz