Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Major crash

Reaction score
Hi guys
i took my typhoon h plus to my local park found a nice empty spot to fly my drone and just to get used to the controls practise a bit more with it before going any distance but took it to 20 feet and was hovering nicely but as I was checking my remote screen for any problems the drone started to wobble then dropped and crashed into the ground with the landing gear up so hit the gimble and bent the arms also cracked a portion of the camara case and snapped the landing gear on one side at the hinge looking at the flight log it said electro magnetic field interference but can’t see how .
i thought if that happened it would land auto but NO so much *** from so low a height wish I had left the landing gear down now

Might be worth posting some photos so people can see extent of damage and advise. You could upload your telemetry there are very good pilots who can interpret the logs.

Hi guys
i took my typhoon h plus to my local park found a nice empty spot to fly my drone and just to get used to the controls practise a bit more with it before going any distance but took it to 20 feet and was hovering nicely but as I was checking my remote screen for any problems the drone started to wobble then dropped and crashed into the ground with the landing gear up so hit the gimble and bent the arms also cracked a portion of the camara case and snapped the landing gear on one side at the hinge looking at the flight log it said electro magnetic field interference but can’t see how .
i thought if that happened it would land auto but NO so much *** from so low a height wish I had left the landing gear down now
Caprimick, I just posted a description of my H crash that occured last week. My problem (aside from lacking the prerequisite flying experience) seemed to be that the controller throttle (left stick forward and back) caused the drone to rise when I pull back on the throttle. Unable to stop the upward direction, I aborted the flight by depowering the drone (CRASH!) from about 12 feet up. A more experienced pilot might have tried the "Home" position or come up with some better option than the red button. It's a terrible feeling to look down at a wrecked bird. Mine is on the way to Carolina Dronz to be evaluated.

Might be worth posting some photos so people can see extent of damage and advise. You could upload your telemetry there are very good pilots who can interpret the logs.
I’ll try and download it thanks other problem I have now is getting a new b prop arm and my camara when I power up levels itself then the lens flips up and keeps going through what looks like a power up the power loss over and over☹️

DAMAGE: When the drone hit the turf from about 12 feet up two things were damaged: The camera gimbal was detached from the drone body and three of the six wing/arms were in the down position and they would no longer snap-lock into the up, horizontal position. One of the props was cracked.
I wish I had taken some photos before I sent it off for evaluation and repair. USPS sent it in error to California instead of South Carolina where my repairs guys are. I had the post office investigate , now 20 days past, Tracking indicates the drone has left Greensboro NC and is on its way to??? Tracking does not disclose where it's headed. It might be on route back to me here in Oyster Bay, NY or it might be going to the repair shop Carolina Dronz in Anderson, SC. I guess I'll find out later.
I am considering buying a q500 used from Ebay (for $300 or so) with a CGO3 camera. If my H camera is toast, I can swap the q500 camera between both drones. Also if I keep the camera paired with the q500 controller it facilitates 2-person flyer/photographer operation.
Anyone with thoughts on this plan?

The CGo3 really does not work well with the TH. Obviously, it won't have 360 Yaw. The issues are related to video. The on-screen display resolution does not match, and the ST16 will have artifacts. That's a bother, but not really a killer. The other issue is camera controls. The ST16 will not let you have the CG03PRO mode when a CGo3 is mounted. It will only be a snapshot camera. I believe if you ALSO have it paired to the ST10+ or a smartphone, you would be able to change camera settings, but I am not certain. (I will go try it if you are still interested).
But there is a way. At least for you (not for most folks). In your case, you will have a damaged CG03+ available. If you swap the camera core from the CG03+ into the CG03 camera. the video will be fine on the ST16, and you will have access to the CG03PRO features. Downside is that the video on the ST10+ will now be completely useless. But you can fly the ST16 on both Q500 and TH. The Q500 is hidden on the ST16, but it is there.

I forgot about the 360 degree feature on the TH vs the q500. I don't think the camera on the damaged TH is CGO3+. In any case I would like A q500 as a back up. It is a sturdy bird and seems in some ways simpler that the TH.
It sounds like you have HAD first-hand knowledge of these yuneec drones. Thank you for the excellent information. Airyal (Albert)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval