Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis G accessories

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post/topic on this forum, and now a proud first-time owner of a Mantis G. Haven't gotten much time yet to fly the drone, since I'm working at a facility that doesnt allow flying one.

But that didn't stop me from buying one. And after some test flying, I cant wait to go home in a month and try out the device to the fullest.

But since the device is quite new and just released, I can barely find any information regarding the G-model, and every search results into a article of the Mantis Q. Even on the Yuneec site there is no full manual related to this current model, only a quick start. But looking at the pictures, I can assume that the dimensions of the G are similar to that of the Q.

Since I travel a lot, and expect to that this drone with me on my travels, I was wondering if the accessories of the Q are basically also meant to be used for the Q? I'd like to buy a travel bag, extra set propellers, maybe some guards and an extra battery. And is the battery, that goes into the G, also the same that goes into the Q?

Anyway, thanks for reading, I'd hope someone can answer my questions.

Best regards.

Reactions: william lewis
The batteries are interchangeable and the sizes are very similar, although slightly different due to the newer camera gimbal on the G. The YuneecPilot app has been getting a lot of updates in the last month to incorporate and improve the functionality of the G model.

I just checked myself and Yuneec still has not posted a full user manual for the Mantis G on its website. Only the Quick Start Guide and Welcome Pilot fliers. One good thing they did post was the Lens profile for use in Adobe post processing apps.

Most of the functionality takes place in the YuneecPilot app so referring to your settings and controls in the app will be 90% of what you need to know.

Please post more info as you get time to use your new aircraft. Looking forward to your contributions.

Thanks for your reply.

I just looked at the Best Buy website, (the only store remotely nearby) and it seems to sell the battery and propellers for the Q, but seems that the propellers are also interchangable with the G. I'll ask a collegue if he can go and fetch me a new set, since I can't go myself anymore. Only that is left is a bag, but seems I need to grab one when I'm back in my country.

Anyway, as soon when I get the chance, I'll try to upload some things, since I can't film here because of confidentiality and things like that.

I am not sure that the props are the same between the two. I do know from a member that did a review that the batteries are safe to interchange only look and feel is slightly different.

The props could be a different story though and I would schedule a call with Yuneec CS through their website before making that purchase.

Hi guys,

First post/topic on this forum, and now a proud first-time owner of a Mantis G. Haven't gotten much time yet to fly the drone, since I'm working at a facility that doesnt allow flying one.

But that didn't stop me from buying one. And after some test flying, I cant wait to go home in a month and try out the device to the fullest.

But since the device is quite new and just released, I can barely find any information regarding the G-model, and every search results into a article of the Mantis Q. Even on the Yuneec site there is no full manual related to this current model, only a quick start. But looking at the pictures, I can assume that the dimensions of the G are similar to that of the Q.

Since I travel a lot, and expect to that this drone with me on my travels, I was wondering if the accessories of the Q are basically also meant to be used for the Q? I'd like to buy a travel bag, extra set propellers, maybe some guards and an extra battery. And is the battery, that goes into the G, also the same that goes into the Q?

Best regards.
The battery, propellers of Mantis Q can be used in G, and even RC also is compatible.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi guys,

Best regards.
great question thanks

The battery, propellers of Mantis Q can be used in G, and even RC also is compatible.
Thank you. I ordered a Mantis Q battery and propellors and as you said, they do fit. Only shame is that the battery of the Q looks less cool without the pattern on the back.

Thank you. I ordered a Mantis Q battery and propellors and as you said, they do fit. Only shame is that the battery of the Q looks less cool without the pattern on the back.
Did you see any difference in performance when using the Mantis Q batteries?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval