Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis G Firmware

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought the Mantis G drone (Germany).

I already had some problem in the beginning to find the proper piloted app as it does not seem to be available in the google play store and the one on the official website is just v 2.0.2 which is, as far as I read outdated?

So, my next question would be, the firmware of my Drone and controller is both 1.0.0.1 and when I check for updates it says that this is the newest version. Is this true? If not, how do I get the newest firmware’s?

thanks

Hi . Does your drone fly properly? Everything is working?
If yes, why do you want to update firmware?
Many people brick the drone updating firmware, if unnecessary don't update!
This my opinion.

Hi. I have a problem that I updated the firmware today and I have a problem with the remote control, it does not show the status of the wifi connection (the remote control does not signal the status).
I had an Honor 10 before which didn't allow me to update, so after changing the phone to Xiaomi I got 10t, but suddenly there was a problem. When using Honor 10, it did not show me GPS coordinates. But as I write above, I have a problem with the remote control, it does not respond to the connection after the update. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it didn't help. Once connected, it will only allow me to access the drone from the phone, not the remote control. I also tried to change the cable, but it didn't help. Do you have any advice that I could try or should I solve through support? Thank you in advance for any advice

Last edited:
Have the RC and the phone connected via the USB-A port on the RC. In Yuneec Pilot app press the disconnected button then press skip on the next screen. Now press the Settings gear at top right, select the Remote, then scroll down to RC Binding. I can’t remember for sure (I don’t have access to the system as I’m on the road), but I believe there is an option to reset the binding. Once you have done that you should be able to exit the app, start up the aircraft, and attempt binding again.

I tried it and I didn't get anywhere. After connecting the phone, it will not show me an offer of what should happen to the device next. I don't think the device (RC) works with anything. I also tried changing my phone and nothing happened. The battery lights up on 4 white LEDs and the wifi doesn't even show up, it stays dark.

Try it by powering up the aircraft then power up the RC without the phone attached.

The problem remains unresolved. RC reports no connection. Wifi not responding. It does not light up or flash. It behaves as if it has no wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_113322.jpg
    IMG_20211017_113322.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 2
That is not a good sign. I will get back with you tomorrow when I have access to the A/C and RC.

Reactions: Rosi_SVK
When you power on the RC you get the battery charge level LED’s on the left illuminated, but the blue WiFi LED on the right never illuminates? The RC should power up by pressing the power button and holding until the power LED’s are on solid, within 10 seconds you should get a double beep and the WiFi LED should start flashing. It it doesn’t you could have a bad LED or the WiFi is bad.

With the RC powered on connect it to the phone and open the Yuneec Pilot app. On the opening screen you should get a Controller Connected. Press it and press skip at the next screen. This should get you into the main screen of the app. Press the Settings gear, select the RC icon, scroll to the bottom and select RC binding. If it shows something bound there tell it to delete (unbind). Now power on the Mantis and wait for it to initialize, then press search. It should find your aircraft after a few seconds. Select and bind to it.

I understand the instructions, but we probably don't understand each other. I have a problem with the RC, it does not report connectivity, it does not beep, it does not offer charging but only the battery status is on. I also tried to disconnect the battery, but that didn't help either.

RC binding is not available. The application reports as if no driver is connected there. Therefore, I would like to try some way to throw this remote control into the basic settings.

I apologize for the later response.

I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I reviewed your original post and see that the remote stopped working after a firmware update.
When you connect to your phone via USB cable does the Yuneec Pilot app report Controller Connected like in this photo?
C079816C-C0D4-4277-9790-F1CE38D9CA76.jpeg
If you get this message, select Controller Connected, then select Skip, select Settings, select …, then select Software Update. If it reports that you are up to date, select Retry to see if it will reinstall the update for the RC.

If this fails, contact Yuneec EU support to request a solution for the failed update to the RC.

I still don't see anything new. I made a short video where you can see about everything that is not needed. I still have a year's warranty so I'll try to solve it through support. Thank you for your help and have a nice day

That truly appears to be the result of a failed firmware update on the RC. Please let us know what support has to say about solving the problem.

I wish I could have been more of a help, but there has been minimal flow of information from Yuneec about the Mantis series.

Thank you sir! Looking forward to what the cure will be.

I dutifully report that my support has been met and they will send me a new remote control. Thank you very much for your help and I also thank the support in Germany for the great deal.

I'm already happy to fly again 🤩🤗

Reactions: DoomMeister
I dutifully report that my support has been met and they will send me a new remote control. Thank you very much for your help and I also thank the support in Germany for the great deal.

I'm already happy to fly again 🤩🤗
Did they happen to offer clues to what the issue was?

Did they happen to offer clues to what the issue was?
They only commented on the problem: If you could please forward a copy of the proof of purchase to us, we will send out a replacement controller to you. I didn't find out anything else.

Nadal nie widzę nic nowego. Zrobiłem krótki film , w którym możesz zobaczyć o wszystkim, co nie jest potrzebne. Nadal mam roczną potrzebę, więc postaram się ją kontynuować poprzez wsparcie. Dziękuję za pomoc i życzę miłego dnia
Po każdej każdej antenie musisz zainstalować narzędzie, które chcesz zainstalować 10 sec power aż za zagrać, zapali się niebieska dioda

Nadal nie widzę nic nowego. Zrobiłem krótki film , w którym możesz zobaczyć o wszystkim, co nie jest potrzebne. Nadal mam roczną gwarancję, więc postaram się ją rozwiązać poprzez wsparcie. Dziękuję za pomoc i życzę miłego dnia
Po pierwsze, po każdej aktualizacji trzeba włączyć wifi w kontrolerze, niebieska lampka musi migać. Aby to zrobić, przytrzymaj przełącznik przez 10 sekund, aż usłyszysz sygnał dźwiękowy. Po drugie, zmień kabel usb na taki z transmisją danych, a nie tylko ładowaniem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval