Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q battery balance lead??

Reaction score
I’m looking for third party balance leads to enable me to balance charge my Mantis Q battery from a non Yuneec battery charger. I have several Lipo chargers that I prefer to use for charging and also discharging and putting the batteries into a storage voltage, something that the supplied Mantis charger can’t do. Any ideas please??
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Sully53 and kuneys
hello
If you buy the balance lead for the yuneec breeze you will have the same connections
greetings
Ralph

I started an album look up Mantis Q storage ive successfully discharge and put into storage my mantis q batteries using after market accessories. Hope this helps trying to pass on my knowledge.

Attachments

• 20190421_201149[1].jpg
    20190421_201149[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: Sully53
AZflyer83
I will try to make myself a balance charge lead... this might be a stupid question, but prefer it to damage something.
which side of the port is positive and negative
this will be my first attempt at building a battery charger lead, seem uncomplicated, however, I have been known for messing things around, hehe...
Based on the diagram I need to connect positive and negative together with pos and neg on the 3S connector, and then, just 2 other leads to the inner pins of the 3S of the connector that goes into the charger as well? in this regard, which side of the 3S is positive?
these are the ones I ordered...
10 piezas 11.1 V 3S Lipo batería cargador de balance JST-XH cable conector: Amazon.com.mx: Herramientas y Mejoras del Hogar
I will have to make one DIY connector to the battery as I can't find any lead that fits the mantis q battery...
My carger is this
Dynamite Passport P1 Mini 60W AC Multi Balance Battery Charger Discharger with USB for RC Batteries: 2-4 Cell Li-Po, LiHV, Life | 6-8 Cell NiMH, NiCd | 6-12V PB: Amazon.com.mx: Amazon EE.UU
there are 5 pins one marked (-) so I'm guessing, the negative is easy, the 1st one, then I just use the next 3 pins in corresponding order? if that makes sense?
thanks, sorry for all this noob questions

Easy solution to discharging or balancing Mantis Batt. I posted this it has more pics check it out and if you still need help ill try to make a decent pic by pic description of doing the work.

Easy solution to discharging or balancing Mantis Batt. I posted this it has more pics check it out and if you still need help ill try to make a decent pic by pic description of doing the work.
Thanks for your reply... I think I got it clear now... One last question, what's the recommended amps rate to do the balance charge? I see that the max is 2.8 but some people say it's better to go lower... In the Charger I need to select LiPo 3S and xx amps right?
Thanks again

Im still using the charger that came with Mantis as it balances however I did charge one battery on my tynergy using the balance board and did 3s and 2.8a to test my set up no issue at all. If worried id say you could charge at 2.0-2.8 anywhere in that range id think would be okay. Hope that helps if theres anything more I can help with ill be happy to.

Thanks for your reply... I think I got it clear now... One last question, what's the recommended amps rate to do the balance charge? I see that the max is 2.8 but some people say it's better to go lower... In the Charger I need to select LiPo 3S and xx amps right?
Thanks again
Hey just wanted to update on this a little so charging does work with the whole setup however my tynergy tb6b charger will only charge each cell to 4.20v there is no way to alter that as best I could tell. The stock charger for the batteries charges each cell to 4.30 per cell not sure what the workaround to that would be unless you get a charger that will let you customize charging parameters.

Reactions: alecs123
Hey just wanted to update on this a little so charging does work with the whole setup however my tynergy tb6b charger will only charge each cell to 4.20v there is no way to alter that as best I could tell. The stock charger for the batteries charges each cell to 4.30 per cell not sure what the workaround to that would be unless you get a charger that will let you customize charging parameters.
Some photos 20190510_215432.jpeg20190510_205114_HDR.jpeg20190510_205235.jpeg

Thanks for your reply and images... I need to check ir my charger on LiHV setting would deliver voltage at 4.3 per cell. Have you noticed something wrong at 4.2 V?
Thanks

Nothing is wrong at 4.2 thats just what the tenergy charger stops charging at then have to put the battery on the yuneec charger to complete charging I can still use the tenergy to balance the cells, discharge however its easier to use the isdt discharger for that, and can still use the tenergy to put the batteries into storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece