Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q stuck upside down in a 100foot tree

Reaction score
Okay i have a delema my mantis q is stuck upside down jn a tree im still connected to it but cant figure out how to get the damb thing to engage the props to help knock it down its now pouring rain out side

If it is upside down it will likely not arm the motors.

Yeah i figured that much out is there any way to get them to arm in the inverted position like an emergancey kinda sequence to arm it for a second to un lodge it from the tree

It's likely the motors shut off in "emergency" mode when the props hit the branches. I don't know about the Mantis, but for other Yuneec drones you have to manually turn power off and back on to allow motor start.
You could try a fishing pole and a weighted line. You would have to get really lucky, but it worked once for me.

It's likely the motors shut off in "emergency" mode when the props hit the branches. I don't know about the Mantis, but for other Yuneec drones you have to manually turn power off and back on to allow motor start.
You could try a fishiyeah
You could try a fishing pole and a weighted line. You would have to get really lucky, but it worked once for me.

ng pole and a weighted line. You would have to get really lucky, but it worked once for me see noq i never thought of that was gonna make a patato canon grapling hook with a long rope and see if i could launch a hook and snag the branch its snagged in

Had several drones stuck in "Hungry" trees. Best luck was with a bean bag type device,actually it was a dog trainer device,. On a long length of light clothesline . I tried to get it under the drone and shook the crap out of the branches. Finally got lucky,all came down at once. You can you tube as there are some funny ways to try. You need to get it before the leaves come out. One of mine blew down by itself. Another time my Q500 got lost. We looked in trees for a month. Farmer found it in his corn last fall.. Good Luck K.C.

i got it down finally and it still works just the camera dose not move up and down and idea were i can find the small servo to replacve it i pulled the camera apart and tesated the servo motor and to no surprise all the platic teeth in side the top of the servo were striped clean off so if anyone knows of a place i can find one that small that be great thanks in advance

The link in this thread sounds like it may be what you need:

Reactions: Slumkadian
The link in this thread sounds like it may be what you need:
thanks man much appreciated

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval