Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q switch to FCC mode

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Italy and how do you force the transmission power according to FCC specifications with FAKE GPS? The 5.8 Ghz transmission power should increase to have a more stable video signal. Or is there another way to do this without FAKE GPS? Thanks

You might be able to use a fake GPS app with an Android phone, but not with an ios device unless you jailbreak it.

The Breeze itself is simple. You load the latest American firmware in it and then only connect to the Breeze if you have Cellular disabled. Please disregard!! Did not pay attention to aircraft the query was about. My apologies!!!!

The hard part is with the phone itself. The power levels that it will use are determined by the area you are in. The data exchange with the cell tower tells the phone what the allowed frequencies are and what the power limits are. To accomplish this fully you would have to allow cellular connection in the USA, turn off cellular on the phone and leave it off dedicating the phone to the use of your Mantis Q.

It would be cheaper to find a drone that uses RC control instead of WiFi control.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. Where can I download the American firmware from? Can anyone kindly send it to me. Another thing: that I know is updated exclusively via the internet so how do I show him the American firmware and install it? Thanks

I did it again! I am so sorry @italian pilot. I had just finished doing something in the Breeze forum, saw your post and started answering for the Breeze aircraft.

I really don’t know of a way to trick the Mantis line into downloading firmware outside of your geographic location. All of their updates are via WiFi.

If there are any pilots from the US that could check their device used to run the Yuneec Pilot app they may be able to retrieve the firmware file that was downloaded. If so, that may be able to be loaded on an SD card and placed in the aircraft then power on the aircraft and have it do the update from the SD. It is just that there has not been any investigation into this and published on the forum. The ability to do it is pure speculation on my part. I do not own a Mantis and until it comes down to $100 or less, I probably won’t. It is basically a Breeze with folding arms to emulate a @&!

Last edited:
Thanks DoomMeister. Then I kindly ask who can extract the American firmware from their mobile phone and send it to me. Thanks again to those who want to answer and satisfy me.

Thanks DoomMeister. Then I kindly ask who can extract the American firmware from their mobile phone and send it to me. Thanks again to those who want to answer and satisfy me.
I just want to note that the firmware download is just a possibility that it is stored on the phone. Someone will have to do some investigation into it. In may be easier to accomplish on an Android system too.

Hi DoomMeister, I actually use Android. The problem is if someone is able to extract the firmware from the phone. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers