Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

More Yuneec Customer Service

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As some may recall, awhile back I made a very half-assed attempt to re-focus the camera on my H. It really wasn't bad, I just thought I would try for a little better. Unfortunately I use d the Bo Lorentzen method instead of the Mickeyboo method and ended up doing something that left the camera with no WiFi. The gimbal worked but the picture was gone. rather that be down for repair I bit a very expensive bullet and bought another camera from CarolinaDronz, which arrived focused almost exactly like the original. That is pretty good actually so this I time I left well enough alone.

On September 23 I contacted Yuneec and honestly explained the situation with the original camera and they provided an RMA for return to their repair center in Nevada. I sat on the RMA for about a week and shipped the camera to them on September 29. I received a delivery confirmation notice on October 14 but I suspect it arrived a bit before that. Yesterday I received a call from technician Robert requesting more information about what was wrong with the camera before he started working on it since the RA was a little sparse with descriptive text. Today I received another call from him giving me the bad news, an wire had been broken on the camera board that could not be repaired. I was not expecting a miracle since I was reasonably certain that I had also damaged the flex joint on the ribbon. We now come to the good part.

After explaining that he had put an hour labor attempting repairs he informed me Yuneec has elected to provide me a new camera for the cost of the gimbal control board I had damaged plus a labor charge. The lens focus will be checked and adjusted if needed before it's shipped. Cost of labor; $80.00. Cost of the damaged gimbal control board: $42.99. Cost of shipping: $13.00. Total cost for a new camera to replace the one I broke, doing something the wrong way and voiding the warranty: $135.99. That's the cost of being careless, or the discount for being honest and pleasant in communications, whichever you prefer. Total time from shipping the camera to today: 22 days.

Considering I, and only me, buggered the camera I think Yuneec is being pretty **** generous. They could have told me nothing could be done and to buy a new camera. They could have just shipped it back as not repairable with a $13.00 shipping charge. I have only one thing to say to technician Robert and Yuneec: Thank You!

For those that might be curious, the new cameras no longer have a threaded lens mount. Those were only in the initial release units. A nice little something for us all from yesterday's Yahoo tech page: The best drone you can buy

Last edited:
Pat, I'm about your age and I am a good example that age does not always equal wisdom. My original RealSense H, from July 18, always worked great and never gave me trouble. Then I got careless, focused on something else, then panicked and pushed the right stick the wrong way.

I repaired the broken leg and camera mount, but the RS housing bent, making that OA camera system off kilter. I think I get her (Wendy) back tomorrow.

Yuneec has been professional, even caring, all you can ask for with any company.

Update: Wendy came rolling in today. Yuneec CA received it on Oct 13, good turnaround. I flew one battery, tested the RealSense repair and everything else I could think of in less than 20 minutes.

Seems as good as ever, maybe even better because the RS appears to be sensing out further.
i am a happy camper. OH...I did not talk to any Presidents or Vice-Presidents, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've dealt with Yuneec CS a couple of times via phone and the exchange has always been good. Based on what they told me at the time I was the first one ever to have experienced the "beeps of death" and we sat there on the phone with my H beeping away so they could hear it and seek a resolution to the problem. About 15 minutes of brain storming came up with a decision the transmitter had lost calibration so they talked me though the process then and there and it was corrected. It has happened a couple times since but usually each time was after riding in the back of my pick up some distance. Regardless, the correction is quick and easy.

Back in March when I placed the pre-order for the H I anticipated there was a possibility of minor issues that might have to get worked through. It was a new product and I haven't seen one from anyone yet that hasn't had its share of teething pains. But despite what I've read of some others having issues I have had only the lost calibration issue, everything else has worked fine from day one. Interestingly, I rarely have issues with multirotors after buying a new one, and if a crash happens it has always been my fault. If I sat down and did it I could add up the total flight time and number of flights but off hand the number is about 70 at locations up to 700 miles apart. It has functioned perfectly every time. I've calibrated my compass three times since I obtained it. Once after arrival and once at each end of a 700 mile trip. It flew fine without re-calibrating for the first flight after arriving at the distant location but I felt it was just too easy to be certain and not hoping things would continue to function correctly that far away from the initial calibration location.

I have absolutely no reason to complain about my H, it does what I need it to do and responds as I tell it to respond, every time. It handles some stiff winds **** well too. I have yet to find cause to fault Yuneec as well.

Right, Pat.

I know some owners have had problems not of their own making, and I know Yuneec employees have not always been so helpful with good advice, whether USA, Europe, or wherever.

But to me, here is the thing: Tian Yu, CEO of Yuneec Intl., and Shan Phillips, CEO of Yuneec USA, both have said publicly that Yuneec's aim is to be be a customer-oriented drone supplier. Maybe they are not there yet, but I truly believe they are trying.

That's great news Pat and I agree their service for me has been superb!
I've had lots of contacts with them for a variety of reasons and each time I've been very happy with their level of support and generosity. For the last few days I've done a considerable amount of trouble free flying. Despite high winds the addition of CCC mission planner by Tuna to the H has been wonderful. The difference between DJI service and Yuneec is like night and day. Kudos to Yuneec for making my video and photography a joy to create!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
I have only memory of the one to go by but that one had exposed threads on the barrel. I don't know if the new smooth bore body mounts use a threaded lens in a smooth bore or not.

Perhaps via serial number of the camera if all else fails. I think I will contact Yuneec and Peau and see if I can get an answer as to other methods of figuring that out.

Yuneec (North America) certainly does have great customer service and I believe it is one area that will keep them in business for many years to come.

Good to hear more positive news about customer service. I have been very happy with my H and the times I have needed service they have been great.

RR I don't think we will have a problem anytime soon of losing our typhoon H service technicians.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz