Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mount for a 360 camera for h520

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it is me again still looking for a way to do panoramas from my H520. I was thinking to switch to Mavic Pro to do it but dropped my Xiaomi Mi Max phone and now I have no device to control my mavic pro from.

However I have two 360 degree cameras and I can mount one of them (probably Insta360 OneX) on my h520 and just do a quick shot and get a stitched panorama from it. I know it is not going to be as good resolution as if I could use e90 with an automatic panorama mode but at least it is doable.

So my questions are:

1)does anybody know any mount for any 360 degree camera designed for h520? There is plenty for Mavic and other drones available.

2) If there is no mount designed for h520, can I get a mounting plate anywhere that is used for e90 for attaching it to a drone? I can see if it can be used to attach a rod to it with 1/4" male thread for screwing the 360 camera to it.

3)can you please remind me if I can fly my h520 without e90 and still get GPS location for a drone?

Also we have talked about the ways to do panorama manually. However is it possible that there is some 3rd party app that comes with a panorama mode built in, it supports H520 and we are just forgetting about it?

I do remember that pix4D app came with some modes but I deleted it from my St16s so I cannot check it now.

Sorry guys, it is me again still looking for a way to do panoramas from my H520. I was thinking to switch to Mavic Pro to do it but dropped my Xiaomi Mi Max phone and now I have no device to control my mavic pro from.

However I have two 360 degree cameras and I can mount one of them (probably Insta360 OneX) on my h520 and just do a quick shot and get a stitched panorama from it. I know it is not going to be as good resolution as if I could use e90 with an automatic panorama mode but at least it is doable.

So my questions are:

1)does anybody know any mount for any 360 degree camera designed for h520? There is plenty for Mavic and other drones available.

2) If there is no mount designed for h520, can I get a mounting plate anywhere that is used for e90 for attaching it to a drone? I can see if it can be used to attach a rod to it with 1/4" male thread for screwing the 360 camera to it.

3)can you please remind me if I can fly my h520 without e90 and still get GPS location for a drone?

Also we have talked about the ways to do panorama manually. However is it possible that there is some 3rd party app that comes with a panorama mode built in, it supports H520 and we are just forgetting about it?

I do remember that pix4D app came with some modes but I deleted it from my St16s so I cannot check it now.
Not going to work. The auto pilot is based on PX4 and developed specifically for the cameras that are advertised. You would have to write new software. I do panoramas with the E90 and just turning on the camera yaw? Pretty simple. As far as a mount I don't see why you can't get one 3D printed? I wouldn't trust anything much less than than for safety and reliability... and yes, the GPS module is in the frame. There is no way to do an autonomous pano. The H520 was designed for commercial mapping and the firmware is not meant for videography. Even the video capture options are very simple. Doing it manually takes about two minutes. I have seen mention of people doing it with video and just snapping the images. If you have a 4k monitor this works very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
[B]chascoadmin[/B] Thanks for the feedback. You are probably right as I can adapt to a new programming language considering my 10 years experience in a web development.

I can see I can do what I need by looking at Yuneec SDK. The problem though it will be a big learning curve of developing for Android for me. Never
programmed anything for mobile devices, only windows and web browser based.

However I may try it one day. I have another app idea not related to drones and it may be worth to start learning Android .

Reactions: chascoadmin
I make paroramas with the E90 without having to do anything rude. Since DataPilot doesn't have a script to take images every x degrees, I do it manually and taking as a reference what I see on the screen to have overlap between some images and others.

I leave the drone stationary in the position from which I want to take the parorama. I move the dial to turn the camera slowly. I usually start with the camera at nadir. I turn the camera on and take two images that cover 180 degrees each. I stop the rotation, raise the camera to 30 degrees of inclination. I take a picture and activate the rotation again and now I'm taking pictures overlapping with the previous, just go to the button to take a picture and look at the screen of the ST16S. When I finish the 360º turn I stop the turn again. I turn the camera up to 45º and start again. Another 2 times at 60 and 90º tilt and that's it.

Then with a specific program of paroramas, I stick all the images and create the parorama. As in the upper part we have the drone, it does not capture more than a part of the sky, then we have to add artificially a "false" sky but you have spectacular 360º paroramas :D

I make paroramas with the E90 without having to do anything rude. Since DataPilot doesn't have a script to take images every x degrees, I do it manually and taking as a reference what I see on the screen to have overlap between some images and others.

I leave the drone stationary in the position from which I want to take the parorama. I move the dial to turn the camera slowly. I usually start with the camera at nadir. I turn the camera on and take two images that cover 180 degrees each. I stop the rotation, raise the camera to 30 degrees of inclination. I take a picture and activate the rotation again and now I'm taking pictures overlapping with the previous, just go to the button to take a picture and look at the screen of the ST16S. When I finish the 360º turn I stop the turn again. I turn the camera up to 45º and start again. Another 2 times at 60 and 90º tilt and that's it.

Then with a specific program of paroramas, I stick all the images and create the parorama. As in the upper part we have the drone, it does not capture more than a part of the sky, then we have to add artificially a "false" sky but you have spectacular 360º paroramas :D
Same here. Use the rule of thirds. Locate an object in the middle and take a picture at thirds. Pitch down moving an object from the bottom third to the top third and then 3 nadirs. You should have 3 rows of approximately 12, 9 and 6 images and then 3 nadirs. So for a programmer that would be 30, 40 and 60 degrees horizontally and pitching down about 25deg for each row.

1586178447347.png

Reactions: Wingman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece