Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My charger mod

I have a Hitec X2 on order from tower hobbies.
Does anyone know the type of connector that plugs into the Hitec balance port?
And where might I find one with just some bare wires on the other end?

It probably is supplied with two wires since it's a dual charger, and it connects to the balance adapter, which are JST-XH.

The wires you want are on Ebay (or any number of places). Do a search for 4s JST-XH balance leads . Just get the ones with connectors on each end. They cost the same and you would then cut and strip one end to solder onto the Yuneec charger board assuming you haven't done that already..

As for what connector to use on the power leads from the charger, that's your choice. The most popular is XT60, but you can use Deans or EC3/EC5 etc.

iKbMXg1.png

g2jYqV5.png

Hope that helps; getting up in 5 hours for work, need some sleep.

Reactions: W.alter
Glider,
Thank you, that's what I needed to know.
I plan to hardwire to the Yuneec base, but want to have a direct to the charger balance connection so I don't have to use the balance board. I have a set of banana plugs to use for the main power. I also have a EC3 laying around here somewhere for the ST-16 battery.

Glider,
Thank you, that's what I needed to know.
I plan to hardwire to the Yuneec base, but want to have a direct to the charger balance connection so I don't have to use the balance board. I have a set of banana plugs to use for the main power. I also have a EC3 laying around here somewhere for the ST-16 battery.

You can just connect the 4s balance lead direct to the balance port on your charger you just have to remove the left hand locating tongue and leave the right tongue it will then plug into the balance port correctly, you can the use what ever charge leads you have to your charger.

After carrying out the mod on the yuneec charger this is the way I'm now charging the H battery for the time being , until the connectors become available and I can then parallel charge several at a time together.

Thanks all,
I figured out the wiring, it was the nomenclature for the connectors that was giving me a fit.
Glad I double checked, the ST-16 battery uses a EC2, I thought it was an EC3.
I kind of like modifying the Yuneec charging base, you still have it to use stand alone and you have a drop in charging base, to use with a better charger. Going to mod something up for the Wizard battery, I think everyone forgets there is a LiPo in that thing.

Confused..
I use a Hi-Tec X4 AC Plus charger.. (4 X 50W)
I set at 6A to charge my H battery, Tried AC and DC power supply, and all I can get it to push is 3.3-3.4A to the battery. Doesnt do this with 3C batteries.. I can do 6A no problem?

Confused..
I use a Hi-Tec X4 AC Plus charger.. (4 X 50W)
I set at 6A to charge my H battery, Tried AC and DC power supply, and all I can get it to push is 3.3-3.4A to the battery. Doesnt do this with 3C batteries.. I can do 6A no problem?
50 watts / 16 volts = 3.125 amps
Looks like your charger splits the output to four 50 watt channels. A 1C charge (about 6.4 amps) would require 100+ watts per channel. Unless there is some way of pairing the output channels you are stuck at a bit over 3 amps on these batteries with this charger.

20160626_123936-picsay.jpg I made the charger mod last night. Flew the H until battery was at 50% and put it on my charger. No problem getting it to 5.4 amps charge current.

What are you guys finding for avg internal resistance on the batts using the base mod?

6717AF1C-57BF-433B-A441-FF0075246177_zpske7ladyz.jpg

6C4F0554-53CF-4AAF-B3E3-1EFF26F32889_zpsje8naa3t.jpg

What are you guys finding for avg internal resistance on the batts using the base mod?

6717AF1C-57BF-433B-A441-FF0075246177_zpske7ladyz.jpg

6C4F0554-53CF-4AAF-B3E3-1EFF26F32889_zpsje8naa3t.jpg

Good question, my charger does not have that feature to read IR that I know of.
Guess I could use my VOM meter. Do you just measure the plus and minus or individual cells.

And what does the IR reading tell you about the battery?

Good question, my charger does not have that feature to read IR that I know of.
Guess I could use my VOM meter. Do you just measure the plus and minus or individual cells.

And what does the IR reading tell you about the battery?

Way too much micro management for me on a battery with which you have no other options.

Ya its good info to know but I'm not going through that much trouble to measure the IR.

Ya its good info to know but I'm not going through that much trouble to measure the IR.
I could see if there were multiple manufacturers of the battery and you needed the best due to competition then I might be wanting to know this but not now and most likely not with my H.

I just wanted to thank Jimmylee and the rest of you guys that have contributed to this thread.
I now have my charger pumping out 6 amps, I can charge just a bit over an hour and the pack never even gets remotely warm.
Best part I can put my batteries into storage voltage.

THANK YOU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots