Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My drone is still unused

DTN

Reaction score
I won a Typhoon H Pro nearly a year ago, & aside from unboxing & playing w/the remote & camera while sitting on the table, the drone has not been utilized by me yet. I just have too many irons in the fire, I guess.
Idk what I'll end up doing with it; I just can't seem to go ahead & get a license. & did I read someone else's post about getting insurance for flying???
Geez, I may be in over my head...

The good thing is that you realize you may be in over your head, those that get one of these things and just throw caution to the wind - fair poorly. ;)

Having said that, operation of these aircraft require almost no actual piloting skills, but DO require a lot of knowledge about operations, batteries, flight times, weather, airspace and a whole lot more, and it is not something you are going to 'master' overnight. If you think you want to get into flying these types of aircraft I would suggest you get a cheap little practice drone to get the basics of control while at the same time start reading up on the other topics.

The first thing you need to do is, understand that there are rules for hobbyists and then there are rules for commercial operators and very few people who are not commercial operators understand all of the differences. For instance, you don't need a license, you simply need to register with the FAA - it costs just five bucks and you will get a number that you will then affix to ANY drone you fly. Simple. The next thing is to take a moment to read about the rules for hobby flight of a multi-rotor. After that, find a place and start practicing.

Also regarding insurance, there is no requirement that you carry an insurance policy for your drone if you are a hobbyist. Many find that as long as they are flying for fun, their homeowners insurance will cover them, you can call yours and see if you are covered.

Bottom line; when you're reading about things like regulations, make sure to see if they are talking about commercial operations or just flying for fun, and even then just know that many may not be accurate with what they say.

Want to see what is involved? Go to the FAA WEBSITE HERE This is all you need to know about regulations for the type of flying you'll be doing.

What do you do with the batteries? Leave them fully charged all the time? Or have you never charged them, be interesting to see what their voltage is?

What do you do with the batteries? Leave them fully charged all the time? Or have you never charged them, be interesting to see what their voltage is?
charge your battery just before you fly and store them at no more than 50%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio