Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My excitement turned to disappointment thanks Fry's

Reaction score
this is an email I just sent of to their president, general manager and distric managers here in Tx:

Gentlemen,

I just got off the phone with your store manager at your Austin, tx location and he could not help me, said the department manager would call me back tonight and never did. I tried calling the store for him at 8:40 held for 20 minutes after asking for him and after all that time got hung up on. Here is my situation, I drove to your store from San Antonio to buy this item and when I got home to set it up noticed the battery, propellers, wizard remote and sd card were all missing. The controller has a bunch of finger print smeared all over the screen and there are several scratches on it as well. The main antenna is broken off as well. This box was not a sealed Box so I don't think your rule 12 on drone returns should come into play. I would like to return it and have a new one o replace it. Since this is not my fault I would expect you to provide a return label to ship it back and have a new one over tied to me on this coming Tuesday.

i should be out tomorrow with my godson enjoying my new toy but instead I will be calling the store and hope they will resolve these issues. If not I will get my bank involved and have that charge reversed. Anyone have any experience with Fry's?

Sorry to hear that man, any chance it's the one in north Austin off of Parmer?

Yep that's the one. I just found dried grass in the case as well.

I was over there last week when they showed stock. I was looking for batteries though. They had typhoons but no batteries. they sold out thereafter pretty quickly, as you can imagine. I don't think they had any this past week. When did you buy?

Since they probably received no more than 10, it should be pretty easy for them to look at inventory history to determine weather or not someone returned one. That may convince them to make an exception to their rule (if they try to enforce it). I would also argue with them that if their policy is to not make refunds on drones, then they should inspect the contents in front of the customer at the time of sale. If that doesn't work, call Yuneec, they have a reputation for excellent customer service.

I personally have never had a problem with returns at that store.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Rene hernandez
I bought mine at Fry's in Houston two weeks ago. Luckily all the contents were in the box and it flies fine. I also saw the sign posted that you cannot return the drone. I spoke to store manager and said if I take it home and it is defective I should be able to return it and he said I could. I am sorry for the issues you are having with Frys in Austin. That is not right. It had to be an open box return and these sale agents do not know anything about drones.

Long srory, frys store in Houston had a wrecked one so they are sending me the parts that are missing. I had Dallas store ship me a new controller and the also packed in the extra goodies after I paid for the props. I did mention to them that now I will have extras and they told me to keep them for my troubles. I don't need the extra items so gonna sell them off at a low price to cover some insurance I want to get gor my H.

Long srory, frys store in Houston had a wrecked one so they are sending me the parts that are missing. I had Dallas store ship me a new controller and the also packed in the extra goodies after I paid for the props. I did mention to them that now I will have extras and they told me to keep them for my troubles. I don't need the extra items so gonna sell them off at a low price to cover some insurance I want to get gor my H.

Glad to here that they took care of you. Please tell me that the Austin store coordinated the effort in some way. Otherwise, it will be difficult for me to boycott them. LOL

Your and your godson are going to love this thing.

BTW, I would recommend keeping the battery. Most of us are finding that we like to have more than one.

It was mostly Yuneec that contacted The Store and told them all was covered and they did the rest. They even gave me a gift card for $50 since I had to drive to them again today to pick up items from their store.

It was mostly Yuneec that contacted The Store and told them all was covered and they did the rest. They even gave me a gift card for $50 since I had to drive to them again today to pick up items from their store.

That's a break even when you consider the drive up and down Interstate 35 ;)

You should look and the flight log and see where it was flown.............what are you selling pm me..........

this is an email I just sent of to their president, general manager and distric managers here in Tx:

Gentlemen,

I just got off the phone with your store manager at your Austin, tx location and he could not help me, said the department manager would call me back tonight and never did. I tried calling the store for him at 8:40 held for 20 minutes after asking for him and after all that time got hung up on. Here is my situation, I drove to your store from San Antonio to buy this item and when I got home to set it up noticed the battery, propellers, wizard remote and sd card were all missing. The controller has a bunch of finger print smeared all over the screen and there are several scratches on it as well. The main antenna is broken off as well. This box was not a sealed Box so I don't think your rule 12 on drone returns should come into play. I would like to return it and have a new one o replace it. Since this is not my fault I would expect you to provide a return label to ship it back and have a new one over tied to me on this coming Tuesday.

i should be out tomorrow with my godson enjoying my new toy but instead I will be calling the store and hope they will resolve these issues. If not I will get my bank involved and have that charge reversed. Anyone have any experience with Fry's?
Frys sucks don't ever buy drones there.

Reactions: Rene hernandez

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop